Dec 23, 2012, 2:30 PM EDT
At this point in his career, Vincent Lecavalier is a lockout veteran. He led the Lightning to the Stanley Cup the season before the 2004-05 season was wiped out by labor strife and now that he’s in the midst of seeing possibly another full year wiped out thanks to a lockout, he’s as baffled as the rest of us are.
Damian Cristodero of the Tampa Bay Times spoke with the Lightning captain to get his thoughts on yet another extended work stoppage.
“From where we were in September, when I was all optimistic thinking this was going to be resolved quickly, to where we are now, we’re all, I don’t want to say shocked, but disappointed,” Lecavalier said. “It’s mind-boggling, I guess.”
Join the club, Vinny.
With talks potentially being reignited after Christmas, perhaps this whole mess can be resolved before the season is wiped out.
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 4
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 15
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 18
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9