Dec 22, 2012, 3:50 PM EDT
There’s a movie making its premiere this weekend called “This Is 40″ from director Judd Apatow. In it, there’s a cameo featuring Flyers and former Flyers alike in Ian Laperriere, Scott Hartnell, Matt Carle, and James van Riemsdyk.
It was Laperriere who was able to get his former teammates into the movie, however, and as he told me while scoping out future Flyers prospects at Team USA camp in Hawthorne, NY how he landed a spot in the film was a bit of dumb luck.
“There’s a friend of mine in L.A. who told a PR guy in Philly they’re looking for a guy without teeth for a small part. So I give them my name and if it works, it works,” Laperriere said. “Sure enough, a month later we were in L.A. filming and Hartnell, JVR, and Carle were there with me. I was in the right place at the right time with no teeth.”
Oddly enough, there was another former Flyer teammate who almost ended up in the movie with them.
“They thought about [Dan] Carcillo at the time, but he didn’t have his green card at the time and couldn’t do it.”
Imagine having Dan Carcillo‘s big mug on a movie screen.
Now that Lapierre is in retirement, how does he compare shooting a film to playing hockey? Movie life is rough.
“It’s harder, man. It’s harder. On the ice, you’re an hour and a half on the ice and then to the gym. There, you’re on the set at seven in the morning to 11:30 at night. One day! I can’t imagine they do that every day. They deserve what they pay them, it’s hard work.”
Would he do it again? Probably not…
“I’m all about the experience. I don’t want to be an actor,” Lapierre says laughing it off. “My kids won’t see that movie any time soon. When they’re 18 or they’re 16 they can watch it. My wife and I laughed a lot though, we really enjoyed it.”
On top of all that, he got to put his false teeth in the mouth of Megan Fox for his seen as Puck Daddy shared with the world. “This Is 40″ is out in theaters now.
May 22, 2013, 9:06 AM EDT
It’s not clear if they will be available on Thursday.
May 22, 2013, 8:02 AM EDT
The match starts at 7:30 p.m. ET.
May 22, 2013, 7:13 AM EDT
Wednesday’s collection of links.
May 22, 2013, 2:59 AM EDT
He was pretty good.
May 22, 2013, 2:23 AM EDT
Series tied 2-2.
May 22, 2013, 1:29 AM EDT
You be the judge.
May 22, 2013, 1:07 AM EDT
An apology was issued.
May 22, 2013, 12:54 AM EDT
Turning into a heck of a series.
May 22, 2013, 12:21 AM EDT
Lots happening in this one. More highlights coming, by the way.
May 21, 2013, 11:26 PM EDT
Been dealing with plenty of traffic in front of him all throughout playoffs.
May 21, 2013, 11:14 PM EDT
Does the league take a look at this?
May 21, 2013, 11:07 PM EDT
Where did this scoring come from?
May 21, 2013, 10:19 PM EDT
The comments are now open.
May 21, 2013, 10:07 PM EDT
Both make their series debuts tonight.
May 21, 2013, 9:13 PM EDT
That’s a long way up to do that.
May 21, 2013, 7:37 PM EDT
This might be getting old to him by now.
May 21, 2013, 6:49 PM EDT
He was banged up roughly in Game 3.
May 21, 2013, 6:08 PM EDT
A 13-percent rise from last year.
May 21, 2013, 5:22 PM EDT
Off to a surprising 2-1 series lead over Chicago.
May 21, 2013, 4:51 PM EDT
He’ll replace Peter Horachek, who was fired yesterday.
- Playoffs Tonight: Senators confident they can beat Penguins 10
- Video: Kings denied a goal after quick whistle 22
- Tweet from L.A. Kings Twitter account stirs controversy 23
- Discuss: Sharks take Game 4, even semifinal series against Kings 11
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead 76
- Video: Callahan gets away with high-sticking Chara 24
- Playoffs Tonight: Kings look for ‘killer instinct’ against Sharks 10
- Brother says Patrick Roy will be Avs’ head coach 21
- Video: Controversy colors Blackhawks goal, disallowed score 57
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago 88
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (88)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (76)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PBT: Nick Gilbert again Cavs' good luck charm
- PBT: Grizzlies figuring out Spurs after Game 2
- PBT: Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole