Dec 22, 2012, 2:20 PM EDT
Curious news out of the Czech Republic today as three NHL stars departed Pardubice to return to North America.
Matias Strozyk of EliteProspects.com reports Bruins forward David Krejci, Oilers forward Ales Hemsky, and Red Wings defenseman Jakub Kindl departed the Czech Extraliga squad. Krejci and Hemsky were having big seasons for Pardubice with each scoring more than a point a game.
If you’re curious why they’re coming back, that’s a good question. The team isn’t on a break for the holidays or other tournament action like the Spengler Cup.
It would seem logical that they’re coming back to see if there will be an NHL season. Should that wind up being canceled, you have to think they’ll have a spot waiting for them in Pardubice.
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 0
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 3
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 26
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 42
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)