Dec 22, 2012, 2:20 PM EDT
Curious news out of the Czech Republic today as three NHL stars departed Pardubice to return to North America.
Matias Strozyk of EliteProspects.com reports Bruins forward David Krejci, Oilers forward Ales Hemsky, and Red Wings defenseman Jakub Kindl departed the Czech Extraliga squad. Krejci and Hemsky were having big seasons for Pardubice with each scoring more than a point a game.
If you’re curious why they’re coming back, that’s a good question. The team isn’t on a break for the holidays or other tournament action like the Spengler Cup.
It would seem logical that they’re coming back to see if there will be an NHL season. Should that wind up being canceled, you have to think they’ll have a spot waiting for them in Pardubice.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 12
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 56
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)