Dec 22, 2012, 2:20 PM EDT
Curious news out of the Czech Republic today as three NHL stars departed Pardubice to return to North America.
Matias Strozyk of EliteProspects.com reports Bruins forward David Krejci, Oilers forward Ales Hemsky, and Red Wings defenseman Jakub Kindl departed the Czech Extraliga squad. Krejci and Hemsky were having big seasons for Pardubice with each scoring more than a point a game.
If you’re curious why they’re coming back, that’s a good question. The team isn’t on a break for the holidays or other tournament action like the Spengler Cup.
It would seem logical that they’re coming back to see if there will be an NHL season. Should that wind up being canceled, you have to think they’ll have a spot waiting for them in Pardubice.
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 32
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 9
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 15
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 15
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (33)
- Reinhart admits frustration; time running out to make Sabres? (25)
- Canucks waive Markstrom as Shinkaruk, Jensen continue to impress (23)
- Filip Forsberg has scored two thirds of the Preds’ preseason goals (21)