Dec 22, 2012, 2:20 PM EDT
Curious news out of the Czech Republic today as three NHL stars departed Pardubice to return to North America.
Matias Strozyk of EliteProspects.com reports Bruins forward David Krejci, Oilers forward Ales Hemsky, and Red Wings defenseman Jakub Kindl departed the Czech Extraliga squad. Krejci and Hemsky were having big seasons for Pardubice with each scoring more than a point a game.
If you’re curious why they’re coming back, that’s a good question. The team isn’t on a break for the holidays or other tournament action like the Spengler Cup.
It would seem logical that they’re coming back to see if there will be an NHL season. Should that wind up being canceled, you have to think they’ll have a spot waiting for them in Pardubice.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 82
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (97)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (77)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (40)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)