Dec 21, 2012, 11:22 AM EST
NHL Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly caused a bit of a stir the other day when, while put on the spot with a “yes or no” question, he said he believed there would be a season.
So was that a guarantee?
Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun, in a lengthy Q&A with Daly, asked him to clarify what he said.
“I only had two choices: Of course, I was going to answer ‘Yes’,” said Daly. “Yes, I do (have optimism). That’s more my nature. I don’t understand to a large extent why we’re where we’re at. I still think at the end of the day we should be able to get deal.”
Optimism sure is nice to have and it would be great if his instincts play out correctly and a shortened season does occur. That said, it’s tough to have optimism when the NHL has canceled games through January 14 and it would seem like if there’s another cancellation it’ll be for the rest of the season.
But hey, if the NHL’s second in command feels like there’s going to be hockey that’s good… Right?
Dec 19, 2014, 1:33 AM EST
These things happen.
Dec 19, 2014, 1:10 AM EST
But they did score more than two goals in a game for first time since Nov. 28.
Dec 19, 2014, 12:35 AM EST
Because everyone likes a snack before they line up for a faceoff, right?
Dec 19, 2014, 12:31 AM EST
Last shift came early in the second period.
Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit
Dec 18, 2014, 11:49 PM EST
Montreal lost this game, as well.
Dec 18, 2014, 11:29 PM EST
This was a back-and-forth contest.
Dec 18, 2014, 10:52 PM EST
And Roberto Luongo’s victory ties him for 12th on the all-time list.
Dec 18, 2014, 10:29 PM EST
Dec 18, 2014, 10:15 PM EST
Left the game after the first period.
Dec 18, 2014, 9:26 PM EST
Has played five games since his return.
Dec 18, 2014, 8:51 PM EST
Dec 18, 2014, 7:44 PM EST
These two have a bit of a history.
Dec 18, 2014, 6:39 PM EST
He’ll be in the lineup when Pittsburgh takes on the Avs at home.
Dec 18, 2014, 6:33 PM EST
When Colorado takes on the Penguins at Consol.
Dec 18, 2014, 6:07 PM EST
Journeyman tough guy is back playing in North America.
Dec 18, 2014, 5:30 PM EST
So says Sharks coach Todd McLellan, who witnessed James Neal’s cannonball on Saturday.
Dec 18, 2014, 5:05 PM EST
The Kings have lost five of their last six.
Dec 18, 2014, 4:12 PM EST
For a sixth-round pick.
Dec 18, 2014, 3:58 PM EST
“This is our adversity,” says Paul Maurice.
Dec 18, 2014, 2:57 PM EST
The Minnesota Wild have to be frustrated.
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 4
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 9
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 24
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11