Dec 21, 2012, 12:08 PM EDT
Dallas Stars captain Brenden Morrow had his hands full last season dealing with back and neck injuries. After playing in just 57 games last year and scoring just 11 goals, the lockout has provided him with ample time to get healthy.
Is he all the way back though? Mike Heika of the Dallas Morning News asked him just that.
“Well, the problem is that until you go out there, you don’t know,” Morrow said. “I think I’m at a good place, and I think the extra time to work on things like spin class and Pilates has to help, but you have to get out there and play.”
Spin class and Pilates? Sure, why not.
If Morrow needs to mix it up with other players to find out where he’s at, he tells Heika he’s not in a hurry to find another league to do it in as he’s enjoying spending time with the family. Sometimes setting up the Christmas tree can be a full-body workout.
- IIHF, NHL to meet next month to discuss World Cup (Updated) 0
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys 23
- Drouin out 3-4 weeks with fractured thumb 3
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 8
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 10
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 35
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)