Dec 21, 2012, 12:08 PM EDT
Dallas Stars captain Brenden Morrow had his hands full last season dealing with back and neck injuries. After playing in just 57 games last year and scoring just 11 goals, the lockout has provided him with ample time to get healthy.
Is he all the way back though? Mike Heika of the Dallas Morning News asked him just that.
“Well, the problem is that until you go out there, you don’t know,” Morrow said. “I think I’m at a good place, and I think the extra time to work on things like spin class and Pilates has to help, but you have to get out there and play.”
Spin class and Pilates? Sure, why not.
If Morrow needs to mix it up with other players to find out where he’s at, he tells Heika he’s not in a hurry to find another league to do it in as he’s enjoying spending time with the family. Sometimes setting up the Christmas tree can be a full-body workout.
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 3
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 26
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 42
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)