Dec 21, 2012, 12:08 PM EST
Dallas Stars captain Brenden Morrow had his hands full last season dealing with back and neck injuries. After playing in just 57 games last year and scoring just 11 goals, the lockout has provided him with ample time to get healthy.
Is he all the way back though? Mike Heika of the Dallas Morning News asked him just that.
“Well, the problem is that until you go out there, you don’t know,” Morrow said. “I think I’m at a good place, and I think the extra time to work on things like spin class and Pilates has to help, but you have to get out there and play.”
Spin class and Pilates? Sure, why not.
If Morrow needs to mix it up with other players to find out where he’s at, he tells Heika he’s not in a hurry to find another league to do it in as he’s enjoying spending time with the family. Sometimes setting up the Christmas tree can be a full-body workout.
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 57
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 12