Dec 21, 2012, 10:30 AM EST
Even though Christmas and New Year’s Day is coming up in the next two weeks, Donald Fehr wants everyone to know that won’t stop them from hitting the negotiation table.
In an interview with TSN Radio 1050 yesterday, Fehr made it clear that the NHLPA will do what’s necessary to get a deal done.
“I’ll make the following assumption,” Fehr told TSN, “we’re involved in serious negotiations. We’ve got to try to find a way to make an agreement and for my part and my staff we’ll make whoever needs to be available available in order to get the job done.”
I suppose that’s cool for hockey fans to know they’re willing to go to those lengths, although the friends and families of those staffers may not be too thrilled about possibly getting called into work on Christmas.
The union opting to take this approach is a bit different than what they had cooking this summer when talks didn’t start happening until late August due to the union taking their time getting things together. Perhaps sacrificing Christmas or New Year’s can help get a deal done.
Dec 4, 2013, 10:16 PM EST
Montreal gets seventh win in eight games.
Dec 4, 2013, 9:24 PM EST
Dec 4, 2013, 9:05 PM EST
A handsome salary.
Dec 4, 2013, 8:30 PM EST
Rare good injury news for the Red Wings.
Dec 4, 2013, 7:12 PM EST
That’s almost $15 million in cap hits on the shelf.
Dec 4, 2013, 6:42 PM EST
Martin Marincin, Corey Potter and Anton Lander get called up.
Dec 4, 2013, 5:20 PM EST
“You’ve got to look at it: Who are your assets?”
Dec 4, 2013, 5:09 PM EST
Hard lines, Team Finland.
Dec 4, 2013, 4:37 PM EST
Tough blow for the reigning Vezina winner.
Dec 4, 2013, 4:14 PM EST
And as a bonus, their names rhyme.
Dec 4, 2013, 3:33 PM EST
Neither he nor Michal Handzus will suit up in Minnesota.
Dec 4, 2013, 3:07 PM EST
He’s missed the last three games.
Dec 4, 2013, 2:46 PM EST
That picture was not taken today.
Dec 4, 2013, 1:46 PM EST
With a special shout-out to Austria’s 1927 European championship team.
Dec 4, 2013, 1:39 PM EST
“Frankly, in my mind we’re playing him too much.”
Dec 4, 2013, 1:25 PM EST
He was a late scratch for Tuesday’s loss to Columbus.
Dec 4, 2013, 1:10 PM EST
Calgary hosts Phoenix at the Saddledome.
Dec 4, 2013, 12:44 PM EST
Pirri’s slumped lately after a hot start to the year.
Dec 4, 2013, 12:39 PM EST
We came up with three big ones.
Dec 4, 2013, 12:31 PM EST
“We felt we have players ahead of him, simple as that,” said head coach Randy Carlyle.
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 1
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 27
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 39
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 51
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 13
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Wounded Wings: Zetterberg (back) out, joins Datsyuk on shelf 7
- Burrows out with broken jaw (Update: expected to miss at least four weeks) 22
- NHL on NBCSN: Can battered, slumping Stars rise above Blackhawks? 8
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (51)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (39)
- Islanders embarrassed in fifth consecutive loss (33)
- ‘Don’t ruin a good thing,’ says Don Cherry after historic Rogers-NHL deal (32)