Dec 21, 2012, 12:56 PM EDT
The prospective Phoenix Coyotes ownership group led by Greg Jamision is set to sign the much debated lease with the City of Glendale (owner of Jobing.com Arena), after which it will have until Jan. 31 to close on its purchase.
The city has already signed the arena management agreement that calls for $320 million to be paid to Jamison’s group over the 20-year term of the lease. Once the sale of the club closes, the agreement goes into effect.
What will be interesting (OK, maybe that’s too strong a word) to learn is with whom Jamison has partnered. So far he’s refused to share that information.
- Under Pressure: Turris, MacArthur & Ryan 1
- It’s Ottawa Senators day on PHT 7
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47