Dec 21, 2012, 12:56 PM EDT
The prospective Phoenix Coyotes ownership group led by Greg Jamision is set to sign the much debated lease with the City of Glendale (owner of Jobing.com Arena), after which it will have until Jan. 31 to close on its purchase.
The city has already signed the arena management agreement that calls for $320 million to be paid to Jamison’s group over the 20-year term of the lease. Once the sale of the club closes, the agreement goes into effect.
What will be interesting (OK, maybe that’s too strong a word) to learn is with whom Jamison has partnered. So far he’s refused to share that information.
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 23
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 132
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 15
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 4
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 24
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 15
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 17
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (142)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)