Dec 21, 2012, 4:48 PM EDT
The Phoenix Coyotes’ Lauri Korpikoski, Rusty Klesla, and Radim Vrbata all have enjoyed stints in Europe over the course of the lockout, but they’re back in Arizona now, waiting to see what happens next, according to an Arizona Republic report.
“I’m still positive. I still think there’ll be a season,” Vrbata said.
Rusty Klesla is equally hopeful, adding that the chance of the lockout ending is the reason that he returned.
Although locked-out NHL players’ experiences in Europe have varied widely, Korpikoski, Klesla, and Vrbata were upbeat about their stints. Even Vrbata felt the overall experience was good, despite being limited to just two games due to bruised ribs.
Each of them might end up returning to their respective European teams and leagues, but they aren’t likely to come to a decision soon. The players and owners have until mid-January to reach an agreement if the season is to be saved.
- Playoffs Tonight: Senators confident they can beat Penguins 0
- Video: Kings denied a goal after quick whistle 17
- Tweet from L.A. Kings Twitter account stirs controversy 22
- Discuss: Sharks take Game 4, even semifinal series against Kings 10
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead 72
- Video: Callahan gets away with high-sticking Chara 23
- Playoffs Tonight: Kings look for ‘killer instinct’ against Sharks 10
- Brother says Patrick Roy will be Avs’ head coach 21
- Video: Controversy colors Blackhawks goal, disallowed score 57
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago 88
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (88)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (72)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PBT: Nick Gilbert again Cavs' good luck charm
- PBT: Grizzlies figuring out Spurs after Game 2
- PBT: Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole
- PFT: Jim Harbaugh to drive Indy 500 pace car