Dec 20, 2012, 3:56 PM EDT
(Update: They came today.)
The schedule, currently scrapped through Dec. 30, will be canceled through Jan. 14.
So…where does that leave things?
Well, NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly said yesterday that the season’s point of no return was “sometime in mid-January.” It’s possible then that the next cancellation could be the season in its entirety.
Hearing NHL will cancel up to Jan. 14. No more BS, we're at the end.—
Elliotte Friedman (@FriedgeHNIC) December 20, 2012
Expect word today\tonight the NHL will cancel regular season games thru Jan 14th. End of the line after that...I suspect.—
Darren Dreger (@DarrenDreger) December 20, 2012
A total of 625 regular-season games—50.8 percent of the season—were scheduled for October 11 through January 14.
- Feeding frenzy: Sharks devour Kings to take 2-0 series lead 11
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 21
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 37
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 58
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 90
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 25
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 136
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (136)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (91)