Season canceled through Jan. 14

Dec 20, 2012, 3:56 PM EDT

Empty NHL arena Getty Images

We knew more game cancellations would be coming soon, and according to Sportsnet’s Nick Kypreos (and oddly ESPN’s Bill Simmons), they’re coming today or tomorrow.

(Update: They came today.)

The schedule, currently scrapped through Dec. 30, will be canceled through Jan. 14.

So…where does that leave things?

Well, NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly said yesterday that the season’s point of no return was “sometime in mid-January.” It’s possible then that the next cancellation could be the season in its entirety.

On the bright side, Daly also said yesterday he expects there to be a season, to which NHLPA executive director Donald Fehr responded: “I certainly hope he’s right.”

A total of 625 regular-season games—50.8 percent of the season—were scheduled for October 11 through January 14.

107 Comments (Feed for Comments)
  1. bloominoctober - Dec 20, 2012 at 4:01 PM

Looks like Joey and his “source” were wrong – yet again. Anyone surprised?

• bcsteele - Dec 20, 2012 at 4:17 PM

But wait, he’s entirely educated and up to date on this stuff. Maybe he just overlooked something. He’s going to reconvene with his sources and get back to us with the real deal.

• purp1234 - Dec 20, 2012 at 7:57 PM

Why are you all fascinated by “joey”? I guess there’s a part of you that wants to believe him but, from what I read, he’s a nobody with no credibility. Despite this, he makes proclamations that are wrong and, when he’s proven wrong you all pile on him. Why not simply just ignore the guy? He’s looking for attention, positive or negative. When you dump on him, you’re only feeding into him. Don’t feed the Joey.

2. 69jaredallen69 - Dec 20, 2012 at 4:01 PM

Crickets

• afc22 - Dec 20, 2012 at 8:14 PM

Donald Fehr you suck. Going to kill hockey like you killed baseball

• billsin20xx - Dec 20, 2012 at 8:50 PM

Killed baseball, are you nuts? Think about it, what major sport hasn’t had a strike/lockut for a long time? Baseball – due to the agreements he put in place.

Of course I guess (kills me to say it) – but after this the NHL def is not a major league sport, Babcock was right it will be on par with bowling for quite a while…

3. starsfan11 - Dec 20, 2012 at 4:05 PM

id4joey

What happened to the “done deal’? Were you wrong again? My sources tell me you do not know a thing

• bdawkins2 - Dec 20, 2012 at 4:22 PM

I think id4joey has a concussion. He should go see a proctologist to get it checked out.

4. danaking - Dec 20, 2012 at 4:06 PM

Look on the bright side: the World Championships should kick ass this year with all the NHL players available.

5. rekingcrew - Dec 20, 2012 at 4:06 PM

No one cares. I flip over to this page from pft for a laugh when I need it.

• mountainmantride - Dec 21, 2012 at 1:56 PM

Agree. And a good belly laugh it is.

6. thailer35 - Dec 20, 2012 at 4:09 PM

Games Jan 10th huh Joey?

7. thedavesiknowiknow - Dec 20, 2012 at 4:10 PM

8. starsfan11 - Dec 20, 2012 at 4:11 PM

Joey is wrong more than HockeyBuzz Eklund which I did not think was possible.

9. jhunter21 - Dec 20, 2012 at 4:16 PM

Yup. If that’s the case, I have a feeling the NHL has slim to no chances of having a season, which is disheartening because I can’t see the NHL recovering from another lost season within 10 years. The NHL might have reached it’s tipping point last season, being it’s most profitable yet, but this lost season could lead to a steady deterioration of a great sport. I tip my hat to all the douche bags involved. Great work.

10. stairwayto7 - Dec 20, 2012 at 4:16 PM

Next hockey game.. Jan 2014!

• nderdog - Dec 20, 2012 at 4:29 PM

Exactly what I was thinking when I read the headline. I don’t know, though, seems awfully optimistic to me.

11. shotzongoal - Dec 20, 2012 at 4:22 PM

Talk about an arrogant response!

12. capesouth - Dec 20, 2012 at 4:25 PM

good news…it’s almost over

13. mattyo99 - Dec 20, 2012 at 4:26 PM

id4joey? What happened loser…your source is a retart

14. id4joey - Dec 20, 2012 at 4:40 PM

Hmmmm! Friends! You are my friends. Right! Let us cozy up with a friend in need. Show me some love! I’m standing by “Done deal!” for now. I’m not surprised that games won’t start until mid Jan, but, the fact that they announced the cancellation; instead of announcing the season would start Jan 15 is jaw dropping. This is shocking….. I need a drink, and if the cup was still in town then I’d be drinking out of it until I was pissed. Right now I’m too stunned to make any calls to my sources, but, fear not, there will be calls going out later. I leave you with this article;

• necromerlin - Dec 20, 2012 at 4:42 PM

Except the season is cancelled until mid January….

id4joey – Dec 19, 2012 at 6:58 PM
      “Done deal!” The scoop is out. They met this week and will soon be announcing the details of the season to begin in early Jan.

• shortsxit34 - Dec 20, 2012 at 9:17 PM

The NHL says no games through mid-January, but Joey stands by his claim. Obviously the NHL is the one that’s wrong.

• mgp1219 - Dec 20, 2012 at 5:01 PM

joey,
      go the fck away already, you ass clown!
      no one in here likes you,other than that other loser, blomfeld.

didn’t i tell you two to go off to some remote island together? no go there and don’t come back.

i know you said this news is jaw dropping, which is exactly what you will be doing on that island with blomfeld as he says”open wide”.

• id4joey - Dec 20, 2012 at 5:41 PM

mpg1219, seriously! Dude! I thought you were much more intelligent/ Of course blomfeld likes me. We are the same person.

• mgp1219 - Dec 20, 2012 at 6:50 PM

joey,
        i just bumped into an ex-Mayan tribal chief and he told me that the world will come to an end tomorrow. if he’s wrong i will surely send him some smoke signals tomorrow to let him know he let us all down, but as far as i’m concerned, it’s a “done deal”.

• shoobiedoobin - Dec 20, 2012 at 6:08 PM

Did you get that badly embarrassed that you have to put on this show? Wow man, it’s a website. On the internet. Log off and get your sanity back. You got laughed at-big deal.

• badintent - Dec 21, 2012 at 1:39 AM

Gretzky’s Sports Bar is starting to lose $$ per another article on this great NBC forum. Could you please have your bookie throw a few NBA games to wife Janet ? she’s back on the action, this time without any of Wayne’s pals, if you catch my drift. Thanks and Happy Holidays. When the NBAPA goes back on strike I’ll throw some of my lawyer friend’s scoops ( his office is down the hall from the NBA’s ( the stuff he hears in the common floor bathroom stalls……..LOL …)

15. id4joey - Dec 20, 2012 at 4:45 PM

On a positive note; Will there be a season? Bill Daly says, “Yes”

• bhawksrule - Dec 20, 2012 at 4:53 PM

What year?

• tfaltin - Dec 20, 2012 at 6:10 PM

This is a comment worth liking at face value.

16. valoisvipers - Dec 20, 2012 at 4:47 PM

I know we are all not happy about more games being canceled and we are reaching the point of no season.However I believe that the hate and anger that people are feeling are unjustly being put on Comrade Joey. So he posted that a deal was done but also said it was not his source and even posted a link to where the story originated, which was verified by a PHT poster that does not care for Joey. So please direct your anger where it belongs and that friends should be at Donald Fehr.

• id4joey - Dec 20, 2012 at 5:51 PM

Good post valoisvipers. You’d think most people here would have the intellect to make the same rationale. Obviously not! Why do I keep my hopes up for the young kids when all they do is disappoint me? Your explanation is very clear yet many here won’t understand what just went down.

• valoisvipers - Dec 20, 2012 at 7:54 PM

Thanks Joey I guess youth is wasted on the young. They have such an I could care less attitude and it really irks when they say whatever.

• woodstakes - Dec 20, 2012 at 6:20 PM

Oh that’s right valoisvipers… I forgot about that!! You know when Fehr went to all the owners this summer and said “Sign all the guys you want for whatever you want because… Have I GOT AN IDEA!! Let’s you all vote right now and lockout the players. Throw them a BS first offer just to take a shot at their prides in make them hate us more and trust us even less! Then rather than negotiating by us giving up something and in turn giving them something we’ll just keep demanding and since we can ‘negotiate’ (Fehr puts his hands in the air and makes the quote signs as he says ‘negotiate’) off of our first offer we can look like we are giving up a BUNCH on the deal. Oh and I’ll even let it look like it’s our pal Gary’s idea. So what do you say?” Yup that’s right… I forgot that’s how all this started! Your right Joey.. Great Post! (DRIPPING with sarcasm in case you missed it)

• valoisvipers - Dec 20, 2012 at 7:49 PM

Woodstakes Fehr started down this road when he refused to negotiate last season.If he indeed wanted to come to terms in a new CBA he would have agreed to start the process and not claim that there is lots of time to strike a deal. Well the clock is about to strike midnight and do you know where your players are?

• shortsxit34 - Dec 20, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Except that he *did* try to pass it off as how own information and his own source. It wasn’t until he got called out that he started calling it a “scoop” and admitted that he read it somewhere. He even said, “I was told…” in one post, meaning he was claiming his source personally gave him the information.

I don’t know if all of these handles really belong to Joey, or if there are really that many trolls on PHT that like to play games and keep these games going, but it’s even more annoying than the Crosby lover that had eighteen screen names and always replied to himself. And worst of all, all the poor saps that are new or don’t come here often end up believing these posts and getting their hopes up because they don’t know about your reputation.

We get it! You think it’s fun to mess with people you don’t know on an online forum. HAHA, you stir things up and make people emotional that you’ve never even met before. LOLZ, people don’t have to read your posts or reply, but they still do. You’re a complete genius. Can we end the game now? Please? I’ll pay you $5 via PayPal if you never post here again (and that includes all your alter-egos).

17. bricktop02 - Dec 20, 2012 at 4:52 PM

CSNPhilly.com alert: The NHL has canceled its schedule through January 14, bringing the total number of games lost to 625. — http://vbs.cm/s0f39U

• purp1234 - Dec 20, 2012 at 8:00 PM

That’s just about half the season. Guess it’s time to poop or get off the Cup but I think we all know how this is gonna turn out, as much as we’d like to believe otherwise.

18. spongebobsportspants - Dec 20, 2012 at 5:01 PM

Hey starsfan11, thanks for saying it. HockeyBuzz Eklund is the worst! Wrong 101% of the time. I didn’t think THAT was possible!

19. whatthepuck2012 - Dec 20, 2012 at 5:29 PM

Bricktop yeah…isn’t that the story we’re all commenting on right now?

20. eyeh8goodell - Dec 20, 2012 at 5:45 PM

Why stop at january 14th? Just cancel the whole thing already and get it over with.

• stakex - Dec 20, 2012 at 6:06 PM

Becuase its believed that the adults will prevail, and the NHL will still be able to play a 48 game season (and thus still save the $2.2 billion that can be made if theres no a major fan revolt).

We know theres only one more cancelation after this, and thats the season. Its possible another week could be cut if a deal is struck on or around the 14th, and games could start around the 21st… but if theres no sign of a deal by the 10th-12th, its over. So the hope is that a firm deadline will stop the brinksmanship and help force a deal to get done.

Time will tell, but I personally think Daly is right… there will be a season. The issues keeping the two sides apart are not worth it for either side to lose whats left of the season.

• valoisvipers - Dec 20, 2012 at 8:01 PM

Another fine post by our friend stakex. Why is it the same people get it right every time and well then there are those that just don’t ever get anything right.

• eyeh8goodell - Dec 20, 2012 at 8:21 PM

Why would Daly be right? He hasn’t been right about anything thus far. This season is already tainted. It would just be a cash grab, not there’ll be much cash to grab this time around methinks. The fans aren’t going to forgive and forget so easily this time, and neither will the advertisers.

• purp1234 - Dec 20, 2012 at 8:03 PM

Both sides have to show that they are still “bargaining in good faith”. It’s like two guys who want no part of fighting the other guy daring the other guy to come over to them. While neither guy is (or willing to) budging, they can spin it that they were willing to fight but the other guy was a chicken.

21. drwang1 - Dec 20, 2012 at 5:48 PM

This sucks

22. id4joey - Dec 20, 2012 at 5:53 PM

Will there be a season? Bill Daly says, “Yes”

23. dipthatchip - Dec 20, 2012 at 5:57 PM

and PHT is now removed from my bookmarks. $#@* this stupid league

24. 8man - Dec 20, 2012 at 6:10 PM

A lot of frustration by some avid fans. Today’s news is another slap in the face. However, it coincides nicely with yesterday’s news that the cancellation date would be mid-January. I guess we can all now put it together and assume that if there is NOT a new CBA in place by 1/14/2013 then the 2012-2013 season will not happen.

While dashing our hopes, it would leave us free to end our speculation and wait. It just seems to me that each side has come too far in what they believe is the right position to shift noticably either way to save what would be a shell of a season. I wonder how many older guys and fringe players have already resigned themselves to retirement.

And I wonder if the lost revenue and net income from an entire season off eclipses the monetary difference between both sides in this process.

Sad, really.

25. tfaltin - Dec 20, 2012 at 6:14 PM

Todays cancellation was a formality. As others have said, now it gets serious. We know, courtesy of Buccigross a month ago, that the NHL already has a 48 game schedule formulated. I think it’s an outcome the League is satisfied with and will come to fruition. Hopefully it’s a good season and hockey can move forward.

26. acieu - Dec 20, 2012 at 6:37 PM

Joey remains my hero albeit now somewhat flawed.

27. acieu - Dec 20, 2012 at 6:42 PM

And to be specific Joey is not wrong but we might want to suspect that his sources are a little off. Anyway leave Joey alone. He is a ray of sunshine.

• valoisvipers - Dec 20, 2012 at 8:08 PM

acieu It is indeed always refreshing to read Joey posts and I too wish that the trolls would cease in their childish assaults on him.

28. schumacherbill - Dec 20, 2012 at 6:46 PM

NHL Sucks! Can’t wait for Baseball to start.

• trbowman - Dec 20, 2012 at 7:36 PM

Baseball? I’d rather watch a guy periodically swing a bat at a ball than that sport.

Oh wait….

29. dinklespiel - Dec 20, 2012 at 6:46 PM

I’ve solved the riddle of Joey and Blomfeld being the same posters. They are not . They are obviously doppelgängers!

30. joeyashwi - Dec 20, 2012 at 6:48 PM

Yes, the sides are close. Yes, there should be a deal soon. Yes, there should have been a deal already. Yes, this should have been taken care of this summer without a lockout. Yes, both sides have already lost more this season than they will gain over the lifetime of the next CBA.

I hope it was worth it.

31. id4joey - Dec 20, 2012 at 6:59 PM

Where do we go from here? Will the owners continue the strong arm tactics? We all know the owners will be minimizing their expenses assuming their is a season and those who make the playoffs will be making huge profits. Will the players insist on getting the additional 300 million once on the table and ask to be paid salary wages during the playoffs? This is smelling like a conspiracy. Eh! Blomfeld! Bergeron said “Done deal!” Why would he put his credibility at risk if he didn’t have solid info? Is he stupid enough to risk his journalistic career?

• blomfeld - Dec 21, 2012 at 3:11 AM

LIKE A HORDE OF RATS INTOXICATED BY THE SMELL OF CHEESE !

Such is an “apt” description for all of you gutless vermin who chose to “swarm” upon our good friend Id4joey during this hour of truth. All along, while courageously standing as the one “beacon of hope” here at PHT, you useless “electronic” rats continue to attack with your “cowardly” ugliness and negativity. So what if Joey has been lead astray with his message of hope and resolution ? That’s hardly surprising, given the fact that even the idiots calling the shots here don’t know what’s going on ! And besides, what is it that you anti-Joey scum offer ? … a bunch of sickening “doom and gloom” and the end of days ? Yeah sure, that’s really what we need to hear right now, you stupid bunch of imbeciles ! My name is Blomfeld and I’m telling all of you filthy rats right now … go back to your stinking holes and stay there “below ground” where you belong ! Life above ground is hard enough as it is, and those who attempt to make it brighter are to be applauded, not vilified !

GO JOEY !!!

GO SOURCES !!!!!!!

GO END OF LOCKOUT IN JANUARY !!!!!!!!!!

PS Joey: Don’t be discouraged friend by this swarm of “supposed” detractors now assailing you. In some ways, your current plight could be likened to General Custer and the 7th Cavalry, fighting to the “last man” there at the Little Big Horn back in 1876. However unlike that “fateful and tragic” day there on the slopes overlooking the Little Bighorn River, you today have “friends” riding to your rescue which are now just coming across the ridge ! All will be well my friend. :) But in case you were wondering , the following is a snapshot of your rescue party …

- Blomfeld’s 202nd Cavalry Company “special action”

- Sportfan’s 8th Panzer Division

- Valoisviper’s 67th “mechanized” Infantry featuring elements of HM Coldstream Guards

- Acieu’s 11th “Regiment of Foot” … though mostly French ?

- Proudliberal’s 14th Phoenix Militia battalion … though mostly Mexican and volunteers ?

• valoisvipers - Dec 21, 2012 at 9:58 AM

Blomfeld It is always a pleasure to read and watch your posts.It’s time to stomp some rats and play some hockey.Dustin Brown rocks and his Kings are still The Stanley Cup Champions.

• blomfeld - Dec 21, 2012 at 8:16 PM

Valoisvipers – Thank you friend for your kind words and support for my LA Kings ! :) In all seriousness though, one thing I’ve always found despicable is this business of “swarming” upon a person or a creature. It’s a gutless and cowardly act in any situation in life, regardless of whether or not the targeted person was wrong. And I find it to be especially sickening here in this anonymous and faceless world of the internet. Of course it’s usually the same people who are prone to engage in this repulsive behavior, as most people do know better. But that takes nothing away from the fact that I reject this wicked minority and I find their behavior being consistent with vermin.

ps: you’re a “good” guy Valois, as evidenced by your “ever” kind and thoughtful commentary here at PHT …

• valoisvipers - Dec 21, 2012 at 11:55 PM

Blomfeld Rocks!

32. dinklespiel - Dec 20, 2012 at 7:12 PM

When I saw the picture for the lead my mind and emotional state felt exactly like they did when Santa told Rudolph they might have to cancel Christmas this year because of the Blizzard. Very depressing.

33. istallion - Dec 20, 2012 at 7:23 PM

I predict the season will be salvaged jan 15th with one-half remaining. Makes sense. I think people will look to their pocket books first. No, I’m not Joeys brother.

34. trbowman - Dec 20, 2012 at 7:40 PM

I’m almost hoping the entire season is cancelled at this point. Would be nice to see Bettman and Fehr go up in flames.

Granted, I say that with the awareness that Bettman is little more than the owners bitc* and isn’t really at fault but, whatever, I still don’t like the guy.

• eyeh8goodell - Dec 20, 2012 at 8:34 PM

Fehr isn’t going up in flames. He’s doing exactly what he was hired to do. And the reason he’s got such solid support is because he briefed the players exactly on what the owners would pull during this lockout, and the owners have made him look like a prophet every step of the way. Forget the damage control leaks by the NHL “insiders” lately about how they’d planned on a 48 game season all along and how this is supposedly going according to plan, they had planned on playing hockey by now and they had planned on getting their way. The frustration you saw on Bettman’s face in that last presser was real. He’s getting his ass kicked all over the board room by Donald Fehr. It’s like Tyson-Spinks in there with Bettman playing the role of Spinks.

Consider this: by the time MLB’s current CBA is up they’ll have achieved 21 years of labor peace. Sounds pretty good huh after 3 consecutive NHL lockouts? Baseball fans can thank Donald Fehr for that. It was ugly as it happened, but the big picture paints a pretty nice portrait. Fehr could have pushed for decertification months ago, and many say he should have. He didn’t. He could’ve pushed for an elimination of the salary cap. He didn’t. Alot of you guys keep trying to stick him with some stereotype that doesn’t fit.

As for the players, they’ll be just fine missing the year. They’ve got plenty of rainy day cash saved up because they knew Uncle Gary and his pals were going to lock them out again. Don Fehr told them so. This time they planned accordingly.

• trbowman - Dec 20, 2012 at 8:47 PM

None of what you said made any sense to me.

Don’t misunderstand me – you worded it fine, I’m just ignorant.

I’m a blue collar guy and I like to watch hockey. Yes, the business side is a part of hockey…..that next to no one wants to see or ever hear about. That is, unless our favorite teams are signing good players!

I don’t care enough to educate myself on this little urinating contest, anyway.

• shrowd - Dec 20, 2012 at 10:13 PM

Fehr wrecked baseball, you have a league of have and have-nots. Ask any MLB fan in a smaller market what they would do for a salary cap. The top 10 in salary wins the world series 70% of the time. Those same top 10 are in the World Series 65% of the time. Baseball has the least balanced field for teams of any major sport.

I am not saying the owners are in the right, but if Fehr gets his way… hope you are a fan of a major market team, the rest of the league is screwed.

35. bergeronforselke - Dec 20, 2012 at 7:47 PM

I just wish that fans would boycott some games once they are being played again (whether this or next year). I know it’s impossible to expect that but it would be a great message.

36. boondocksaint7 - Dec 20, 2012 at 8:34 PM

I’d say cue the fat lady but the NHL probably locked her out too!

37. sportsfan69 - Dec 20, 2012 at 8:35 PM

Can we please have positive thoughts only, No More Negative Ways?

38. fortwaynekomets - Dec 20, 2012 at 8:38 PM

joey=blomfeld=valoisvipers=sportsfan= one big F@cking loser!!!!

quit making it so obvious… you are defending your other posts way too hard. maybe try logging on the accounts at different times of the day! then it wouldn’t be so obvious!

but the real problem here is more people are talking about this loser Joey on an internet blog than they.are talking about this cancelled hockey season!!!

• valoisvipers - Dec 21, 2012 at 12:55 AM

I guess Joey has made it to the big time now.LOL

39. fortwaynekomets - Dec 20, 2012 at 8:42 PM

geez Stakex is another screen name of Joey.

dude u have no life.

40. sportsfan69 - Dec 20, 2012 at 8:53 PM

Final Inspections before the final CBA negotiations push. Let it be victorious.

• blomfeld - Dec 21, 2012 at 1:18 AM

*** Somewhere over the English Channel ***

Sportsfans69 – Mayday Mayday ! … enemy fighters closing … please help us now !

Blomfeld – please maintain your present course comrade Sportsfan …

Sportsfan – Blomfeld, is that you comrade ? … where are you ?

Blomfeld – just above you at five o’clock … we’re closing now to terminate the enemy fighters …

Sportsfan – I just knew you guys had to be close by … thank you friend !

Blomfeld – it’s our pleasure Hauptmann Sportsfan … “alright JG-52, follow me and shoot to kill !” …

Sportsfan69 – we have to be similar in real life my friend, because the “Battle of Britain” is one of my absolute favorite movies of all time … especially this intro part ! Life is so ironic eh, as I myself am a result of the “peace” which followed in the wake of this titanic struggle. My dear late English mum served with the British Army stationed at GHQ Cairo, while my late German father and grandfather “Opa” were busy fighting the Russians. I don’t understand life or it’s meaning and I probably never will ? But one thing I do know however, is that when it comes to “stirring” marshal music, there’s probably nobody better in the business than the Germans ! :)

• sportsfan69 - Dec 21, 2012 at 7:17 AM

Herr Blomfeld,

You’re awesome and a true friend. I’ll go any foxhole and fight to the bitter end with you.

• blomfeld - Dec 21, 2012 at 8:50 PM

Mein lieber Sportsfan …
        and the same back to you my friend ! Could it be that we’re long lost brothers ? Anyway, don’t worry about this Fortwaynekomets creature as he likely means well. Besides, his attempts to upset you, me, Joey, Valois and friends are sure akin to some fool throwing tennis balls at a King Tiger tank eh ? :)

*** Special video selection for comrade Sportsfan69 ! ***

• sportsfan69 - Dec 21, 2012 at 9:55 PM

First round of drinks are on me. Cheers mate!

• sportsfan69 - Dec 21, 2012 at 10:18 PM

Yes, we are brothers. It would be an honor. Thanks for the song.

41. fortwaynekomets - Dec 20, 2012 at 9:00 PM

joey, blomfeld, valoisvipers, sportsfan, skatex, whatever name you feel like replying to me today, YES I do promote AA hockey on here, what do you do besides drive people off the site and make completely wrong predictions? nobody wants to see your dumb little YouTube videos you post from all 6+ screen names you have here.

and ill tell you again, catch all the ECHL, College, CHL hockey, etc. on America One Sports online! I am trying to help hockey fans whereas you are just a turd of a troll who wants attention.

• sportsfan69 - Dec 20, 2012 at 9:58 PM

This has been copied especially for you.

Fortwaynekomets,

Thanks, but NO thanks! It’s minor league hockey. It’s NOT even free. If I’m going to watch hockey, I’m watching it on my 60″ tube. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. My postings are designed to be fun, informative, comical, and metaphoric. You’re obnoxious and a douche bag.

Mark it down, by January 5th. We’ll either have a CBA completed or a cancelled season. This website has been a great stress release. There is some wonderful people on it, who love the game of hockey. I miss my favorite sport. There’s nothing like a live NHL game. It’s the greatest sport on Earth.

• blomfeld - Dec 21, 2012 at 1:33 AM

fortwaynekomets – your imbecilic and idiotic banters here have revealed you to be be nothing more than some weak “Fehr-loving” mental case … as such, you are destined to be “engaged” and subsequently neutralized … parasites like you have no rights and therefore you will be removed from the equation …

42. acieu - Dec 20, 2012 at 9:15 PM

What have I done to be excluded from your list?

• valoisvipers - Dec 21, 2012 at 1:00 AM

Climb aboard acieu, there is plenty of room on this train.

• blomfeld - Dec 21, 2012 at 1:35 AM

Valoisvipers – comrade Acieu is a standing member in the Army of Reason …

43. revansrevenant - Dec 20, 2012 at 9:34 PM

Somehow, I am not surprised. At least NHL Network shows CHL games on Fridays. I’m not entirely bereft of hockey.

44. sportsfan69 - Dec 20, 2012 at 10:09 PM

Fortwaynekomets?

45. antkowiak666 - Dec 20, 2012 at 11:05 PM

what a f@#$ing joke the NHL is.you know what….here’s a BIG F@#$ YOU to players and owners holding the season hostage.F@#$ YOU ALL!!

46. thebadguyswon - Dec 20, 2012 at 11:09 PM

Find another sport. How is not BEYOND OBVIOUS to you people that neither the owners nor the players give one wit about you?

Move on and let the NHL die the death it richly deserves.

47. danucks604 - Dec 20, 2012 at 11:32 PM

At this point who cares, just cancel the rest of the season instead of giving us this glimmer of hope

• antkowiak666 - Dec 21, 2012 at 9:10 AM

you have a glimmer of hope!?!?!

48. fortwaynekomets - Dec 20, 2012 at 11:47 PM

hey, who here likes the UFC? that is a YEAR-ROUND sport that is slowely changing its business model from PPV to network TV. The Ultimate fighter airs on January 22nd with Jon Jones and Chael Sonnen as coaches. that can give you something to watch every Tuesday, and then they usually have 2-3 free fight cards on Fox or FX every month. heck if you get Fuel they play UFC reruns all day long! just a option for you fans who hate football and basketball like I do.

also, starting January 1st Supercross is coming to a town near you (most likely) so catch the awesome races every weekend LIVE on SPEED!!!

No NHL does not equal the end of the world. Bettman and Fher will find this out soon enough. This isn’t 2004 anymore….

• valoisvipers - Dec 21, 2012 at 1:04 AM

Yeah that UFC stuff is great and I know this guy named Joey who knows a good source to the inside workings of the UFC.

49. dlk75150 - Dec 21, 2012 at 12:01 AM

Goodbye NHL

50. acieu - Dec 21, 2012 at 7:42 AM

Merci or Merdi whichever is correct.

Detroit must exploit Boston's young D