Dec 20, 2012, 3:56 PM EDT
(Update: They came today.)
The schedule, currently scrapped through Dec. 30, will be canceled through Jan. 14.
So…where does that leave things?
Well, NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly said yesterday that the season’s point of no return was “sometime in mid-January.” It’s possible then that the next cancellation could be the season in its entirety.
Hearing NHL will cancel up to Jan. 14. No more BS, we're at the end.—
Elliotte Friedman (@FriedgeHNIC) December 20, 2012
Expect word today\tonight the NHL will cancel regular season games thru Jan 14th. End of the line after that...I suspect.—
Darren Dreger (@DarrenDreger) December 20, 2012
A total of 625 regular-season games—50.8 percent of the season—were scheduled for October 11 through January 14.
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 15
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 11
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 26
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 56
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 60
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 58
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (60)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (60)