Dec 20, 2012, 3:56 PM EDT
(Update: They came today.)
The schedule, currently scrapped through Dec. 30, will be canceled through Jan. 14.
So…where does that leave things?
Well, NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly said yesterday that the season’s point of no return was “sometime in mid-January.” It’s possible then that the next cancellation could be the season in its entirety.
Hearing NHL will cancel up to Jan. 14. No more BS, we're at the end.—
Elliotte Friedman (@FriedgeHNIC) December 20, 2012
Expect word today\tonight the NHL will cancel regular season games thru Jan 14th. End of the line after that...I suspect.—
Darren Dreger (@DarrenDreger) December 20, 2012
A total of 625 regular-season games—50.8 percent of the season—were scheduled for October 11 through January 14.
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 3
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 23
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 17
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 38
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)