Dec 20, 2012, 3:56 PM EDT
(Update: They came today.)
The schedule, currently scrapped through Dec. 30, will be canceled through Jan. 14.
So…where does that leave things?
Well, NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly said yesterday that the season’s point of no return was “sometime in mid-January.” It’s possible then that the next cancellation could be the season in its entirety.
Hearing NHL will cancel up to Jan. 14. No more BS, we're at the end.—
Elliotte Friedman (@FriedgeHNIC) December 20, 2012
Expect word today\tonight the NHL will cancel regular season games thru Jan 14th. End of the line after that...I suspect.—
Darren Dreger (@DarrenDreger) December 20, 2012
A total of 625 regular-season games—50.8 percent of the season—were scheduled for October 11 through January 14.
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Without Shea Weber, Predators can’t contain Hawks in Game 3 7
- Video: Tavares, Islanders take 2-1 series lead with OT win 19
- Watch Live: Predators at Blackhawks 0
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 3
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 5
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 13
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 84
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 68
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 166
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (166)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (84)