Dec 20, 2012, 3:56 PM EST
(Update: They came today.)
The schedule, currently scrapped through Dec. 30, will be canceled through Jan. 14.
So…where does that leave things?
Well, NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly said yesterday that the season’s point of no return was “sometime in mid-January.” It’s possible then that the next cancellation could be the season in its entirety.
Hearing NHL will cancel up to Jan. 14. No more BS, we're at the end.—
Elliotte Friedman (@FriedgeHNIC) December 20, 2012
Expect word today\tonight the NHL will cancel regular season games thru Jan 14th. End of the line after that...I suspect.—
Darren Dreger (@DarrenDreger) December 20, 2012
A total of 625 regular-season games—50.8 percent of the season—were scheduled for October 11 through January 14.
- Miller’s second straight shutout puts Canucks in NHL lead 15
- Video: Ennis fires behind his back while falling, scores 3
- Video: Hjalmarsson crushes Kesler, Lindholm scores in wild sequence (Updated) 6
- Trade: Ducks get Brewer from Lightning; Beauchemin out 4-6 weeks 2
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 25
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 2
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 5
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 3
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Report: Perron’s name comes up as Oilers seek trade for ‘top center’ (45)
- Video: Bruins see two goals waved off (44)
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? (43)