Dec 20, 2012, 10:20 PM EDT
He also told RT.com that the KHL has been awaiting Crosby’s arrival.
“Everybody’s waiting for him here,” Malkin said. “I know that his agent called [Metallurg’s general manager, Gennady] Velichkin. But no decision has been made yet. Crosby has pretty big insurance. I don’t know how they’ll resolve this issue.”
Here’s the “aww” quote about him missing playing with Sid the Kid.
“Playing with such as Crosby as a partner is a pleasure,” Malkin said. “He’s the best hockey player in the world. Of course, I miss him and Pittsburgh. I can call this city my second home. But it turned out that I’m playing here now. It’s a joy for Russian players to compete in their own land at their favorite arenas, making the fans happy.”
Do you see what you’ve done, lockout?
(Fun side note: RT.com spells Malkin’s nickname “Jeno” instead of Geno. That’s pretty endearing … unless that’s the accepted style. Can we get a ruling on this?)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 50
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 2
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Capitals investment: Holtby signs five-year, $30.5M deal 21
- Redemption time? Montreal, Semin agree to one-year deal 26
- Full autonomy: Lamoriello’s place in Leafs’ chain of command 26
- Lamoriello’s departure removes any doubt: Devils are Shero’s team 21
- With Lamoriello hire, Leafs hammer home their culture change 23
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Ah, arbitration: Holtby reportedly asking for $8 million, Caps countering at $5.1 million (59)