Dec 20, 2012, 10:20 PM EDT
He also told RT.com that the KHL has been awaiting Crosby’s arrival.
“Everybody’s waiting for him here,” Malkin said. “I know that his agent called [Metallurg’s general manager, Gennady] Velichkin. But no decision has been made yet. Crosby has pretty big insurance. I don’t know how they’ll resolve this issue.”
Here’s the “aww” quote about him missing playing with Sid the Kid.
“Playing with such as Crosby as a partner is a pleasure,” Malkin said. “He’s the best hockey player in the world. Of course, I miss him and Pittsburgh. I can call this city my second home. But it turned out that I’m playing here now. It’s a joy for Russian players to compete in their own land at their favorite arenas, making the fans happy.”
Do you see what you’ve done, lockout?
(Fun side note: RT.com spells Malkin’s nickname “Jeno” instead of Geno. That’s pretty endearing … unless that’s the accepted style. Can we get a ruling on this?)
- Kings’ Dustin Brown: ‘We got our [expletives] kicked’ 0
- Feeding frenzy: Sharks devour Kings to take 2-0 series lead 16
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 22
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 37
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 59
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 90
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 25
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (146)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (99)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)