Dec 20, 2012, 12:57 PM EDT
Assuming Bill Daly is right and the NHL is playing hockey again soon, the Flyers should have defenseman Andrej Meszaros (left Achilles tear) in the lineup.
“His next doctor’s appointment is just after the New Year,” Flyers GM Paul Holmgren tells CSNPhilly.com. “If we’re going to start playing any time soon, I think he’d be ready to play.”
Meszaros missed all but one of Philadelphia’s 11 postseason games after undergoing back surgery in March. Given his team allowed four goals per game in the playoffs, it’s safe to say he was missed.
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 5
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 20
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 26
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 41
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 20