Dec 20, 2012, 12:57 PM EDT
Assuming Bill Daly is right and the NHL is playing hockey again soon, the Flyers should have defenseman Andrej Meszaros (left Achilles tear) in the lineup.
“His next doctor’s appointment is just after the New Year,” Flyers GM Paul Holmgren tells CSNPhilly.com. “If we’re going to start playing any time soon, I think he’d be ready to play.”
Meszaros missed all but one of Philadelphia’s 11 postseason games after undergoing back surgery in March. Given his team allowed four goals per game in the playoffs, it’s safe to say he was missed.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 21
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 11
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 54