Dec 20, 2012, 7:50 PM EDT
Deep down, you know you were waiting for it.
“Maybe they are waiting for the Mayan predictions to get them off the hook,” Gill said.
See, that often-noted Armageddon claim really is more than just an excuse to throw some house parties before everyone leaves for the holidays.
Even if it was a rather predictable joke, you have to hand it to Gill for adding a little comic relief in the midst of the league canceling the next set of games through Jan. 14.
On a similar note, the NHL and NHLPA still have no meetings scheduled as of Thursday night, the Los Angeles Times’ Helene Elliott reports.
Hey, at least Bill Daly says there’s going to be a season, right?
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 9
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 10
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 72
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)