Dec 20, 2012, 7:50 PM EST
Deep down, you know you were waiting for it.
“Maybe they are waiting for the Mayan predictions to get them off the hook,” Gill said.
See, that often-noted Armageddon claim really is more than just an excuse to throw some house parties before everyone leaves for the holidays.
Even if it was a rather predictable joke, you have to hand it to Gill for adding a little comic relief in the midst of the league canceling the next set of games through Jan. 14.
On a similar note, the NHL and NHLPA still have no meetings scheduled as of Thursday night, the Los Angeles Times’ Helene Elliott reports.
Hey, at least Bill Daly says there’s going to be a season, right?
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 0
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 3
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 17
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 4
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11