Dec 20, 2012, 7:50 PM EDT
Deep down, you know you were waiting for it.
“Maybe they are waiting for the Mayan predictions to get them off the hook,” Gill said.
See, that often-noted Armageddon claim really is more than just an excuse to throw some house parties before everyone leaves for the holidays.
Even if it was a rather predictable joke, you have to hand it to Gill for adding a little comic relief in the midst of the league canceling the next set of games through Jan. 14.
On a similar note, the NHL and NHLPA still have no meetings scheduled as of Thursday night, the Los Angeles Times’ Helene Elliott reports.
Hey, at least Bill Daly says there’s going to be a season, right?
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 3
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 16
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 7
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 23
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 14
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 51
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (173)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)