Dec 20, 2012, 7:50 PM EDT
Deep down, you know you were waiting for it.
“Maybe they are waiting for the Mayan predictions to get them off the hook,” Gill said.
See, that often-noted Armageddon claim really is more than just an excuse to throw some house parties before everyone leaves for the holidays.
Even if it was a rather predictable joke, you have to hand it to Gill for adding a little comic relief in the midst of the league canceling the next set of games through Jan. 14.
On a similar note, the NHL and NHLPA still have no meetings scheduled as of Thursday night, the Los Angeles Times’ Helene Elliott reports.
Hey, at least Bill Daly says there’s going to be a season, right?
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 0
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 20
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 7
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 13
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22