Dec 20, 2012, 7:50 PM EDT
Deep down, you know you were waiting for it.
“Maybe they are waiting for the Mayan predictions to get them off the hook,” Gill said.
See, that often-noted Armageddon claim really is more than just an excuse to throw some house parties before everyone leaves for the holidays.
Even if it was a rather predictable joke, you have to hand it to Gill for adding a little comic relief in the midst of the league canceling the next set of games through Jan. 14.
On a similar note, the NHL and NHLPA still have no meetings scheduled as of Thursday night, the Los Angeles Times’ Helene Elliott reports.
Hey, at least Bill Daly says there’s going to be a season, right?
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 11
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 35
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)