Dec 20, 2012, 12:22 PM EDT
When Tim Erixon all but forced a trade from the Flames to the Rangers last year, he figured he’d get a rough ride the first time he played in Calgary.
Erixon figured right.
On Oct. 23 in a 3-2 Rangers win, Flames fans jeered Erixon throughout the contest — yet Erixon, now a member of the Columbus Blue Jackets, says he enjoyed the atmosphere.
“The guys in the room were joking with me, even on the ice. I was behind our net with the puck and Henrik Lundqvist just looked at me and smiled. We both laughed about it.”
Even though the Calgary game was just Erixon’s fifth NHL contest (he’s only appeared in 18 all told), the 21-year-old has experienced plenty since being drafted 23rd overall at the 2009 NHL Entry Draft.
He’s been traded twice — once to New York, then to Columbus as part of the Rick Nash deal — and has played for a myriad of teams: the Rangers, Skelleftea AIK (Swedish league), Connecticut Whale (AHL), the Swedish National side (at the 2010 WJC and 2011 World Championship) and now, the Springfield Falcons, Columbus’ AHL affiliate.
Now settled, Erixon says he’s glad to have laded with the Blue Jackets organization.
“I think this is going to be a good spot for me,” Erixon said. “It’s a young team with a lot of competition on defense, so that’s good.
“We’re going to be a good team.”
Sep 5, 2015, 12:20 PM EDT
Depth is not an issue for them.
Sep 5, 2015, 10:51 AM EDT
He excelled in the KHL.
Sep 5, 2015, 9:21 AM EDT
He’s Ottawa’s all-time leader in games played.
Sep 4, 2015, 9:20 PM EDT
He’s wise to be patient with Carey Price cemented in the No. 1 spot.
Sep 4, 2015, 8:30 PM EDT
They previously visited Puerto Rico and the Bahamas.
Sep 4, 2015, 7:20 PM EDT
Meanwhile, Daniel Paille still looks for work.
Sep 4, 2015, 6:17 PM EDT
It’s reportedly worth $950K.
Sep 4, 2015, 5:05 PM EDT
Friday’s interesting tidbits in one spot.
Sep 4, 2015, 3:47 PM EDT
His critics get one fewer straw to grasp.
Sep 4, 2015, 2:25 PM EDT
He’ll reportedly work in the player development department.
Sep 4, 2015, 1:40 PM EDT
GM Jeff Gorton is excited to bring him back to New York.
Sep 4, 2015, 12:18 PM EDT
Everyone that was at his Hamburg home during the night of the alleged incident, to be exacted.
Sep 4, 2015, 11:47 AM EDT
He’s recovering from a broken right wrist.
Sep 4, 2015, 11:45 AM EDT
A summer of change provides “a fresh start.”
Sep 4, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
Less (or at least delayed) competition for Ben Bishop.
Sep 4, 2015, 9:30 AM EDT
He didn’t play beyond Feb. 25.
Sep 4, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
Friday’s collection of links.
Sep 3, 2015, 10:46 PM EDT
He might serve on the Capitals’ third defensive pairing.
Sep 3, 2015, 9:20 PM EDT
He was Arizona’s second pick of the draft after Dylan Strome.
Sep 3, 2015, 7:52 PM EDT
Kane is under a police investigation.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 18
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 10
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 40
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)