Dec 20, 2012, 12:22 PM EDT
When Tim Erixon all but forced a trade from the Flames to the Rangers last year, he figured he’d get a rough ride the first time he played in Calgary.
Erixon figured right.
On Oct. 23 in a 3-2 Rangers win, Flames fans jeered Erixon throughout the contest — yet Erixon, now a member of the Columbus Blue Jackets, says he enjoyed the atmosphere.
“The guys in the room were joking with me, even on the ice. I was behind our net with the puck and Henrik Lundqvist just looked at me and smiled. We both laughed about it.”
Even though the Calgary game was just Erixon’s fifth NHL contest (he’s only appeared in 18 all told), the 21-year-old has experienced plenty since being drafted 23rd overall at the 2009 NHL Entry Draft.
He’s been traded twice — once to New York, then to Columbus as part of the Rick Nash deal — and has played for a myriad of teams: the Rangers, Skelleftea AIK (Swedish league), Connecticut Whale (AHL), the Swedish National side (at the 2010 WJC and 2011 World Championship) and now, the Springfield Falcons, Columbus’ AHL affiliate.
Now settled, Erixon says he’s glad to have laded with the Blue Jackets organization.
“I think this is going to be a good spot for me,” Erixon said. “It’s a young team with a lot of competition on defense, so that’s good.
“We’re going to be a good team.”
May 20, 2013, 8:03 AM EDT
Game 3 will start at 7:30 p.m. ET.
May 20, 2013, 7:15 AM EDT
Monday’s collection of links.
May 20, 2013, 1:56 AM EDT
Had success as a QMJHL coach in Quebec.
May 20, 2013, 1:28 AM EDT
That close to going up 3-0.
May 20, 2013, 12:55 AM EDT
May 20, 2013, 12:04 AM EDT
May 19, 2013, 11:48 PM EDT
Ottawa back in the series.
May 19, 2013, 11:20 PM EDT
Looked like a minor penalty. Went undetected.
May 19, 2013, 10:51 PM EDT
May 19, 2013, 9:55 PM EDT
Tried to sell it. Didn’t work.
May 19, 2013, 9:33 PM EDT
Pittsburgh with the lead after two periods.
May 19, 2013, 9:22 PM EDT
Big hit. Appeared clean, too.
May 19, 2013, 9:11 PM EDT
Torres suspended for remainder of semifinal series.
May 19, 2013, 8:53 PM EDT
May 19, 2013, 8:01 PM EDT
Needs to be better for Game 3.
May 19, 2013, 7:31 PM EDT
Lighting it up right now.
May 19, 2013, 6:43 PM EDT
Boston with three unanswered goals.
May 19, 2013, 6:08 PM EDT
Rest of the night didn’t go so well.
May 19, 2013, 5:51 PM EDT
New York trailed 2-0 in first-round series with Washington.
May 19, 2013, 5:28 PM EDT
Canucks’ captain scores twice. Where was that in the playoffs?
- Playoffs Tonight: Blackhawks look to ‘ramp up our intensity’ vs Red Wings 0
- Report: Patrick Roy a candidate for Avalanche head coaching job 1
- Senators’ OT hero Greening had fiberglass pieces removed from face 1
- Discuss: Senators win Game 3 in double overtime 23
- Report: Kings’ Stoll may have head, shoulder injuries 12
- Rangers’ goaltending a concern? ‘We know what Henrik is,’ says Tortorella 23
- Discuss: Bruins find scoring touch in Game 2 win over Rangers 33
- Playoffs tonight: Spezza’s Game 3 return, Bruins-Rangers highlight your Sunday 5
- Penner blasts refs for having ‘gall to guess’ on goalie interference call 64
- Discuss: Sharks win in OT, draw series to 2-1 19
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (94)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- HBT: Cabrera rips three homers, passes Greenberg
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PBT: Spurs have too much offense for Grizz in Gm. 1
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot