Dec 20, 2012, 12:22 PM EDT
When Tim Erixon all but forced a trade from the Flames to the Rangers last year, he figured he’d get a rough ride the first time he played in Calgary.
Erixon figured right.
On Oct. 23 in a 3-2 Rangers win, Flames fans jeered Erixon throughout the contest — yet Erixon, now a member of the Columbus Blue Jackets, says he enjoyed the atmosphere.
“The guys in the room were joking with me, even on the ice. I was behind our net with the puck and Henrik Lundqvist just looked at me and smiled. We both laughed about it.”
Even though the Calgary game was just Erixon’s fifth NHL contest (he’s only appeared in 18 all told), the 21-year-old has experienced plenty since being drafted 23rd overall at the 2009 NHL Entry Draft.
He’s been traded twice — once to New York, then to Columbus as part of the Rick Nash deal — and has played for a myriad of teams: the Rangers, Skelleftea AIK (Swedish league), Connecticut Whale (AHL), the Swedish National side (at the 2010 WJC and 2011 World Championship) and now, the Springfield Falcons, Columbus’ AHL affiliate.
Now settled, Erixon says he’s glad to have laded with the Blue Jackets organization.
“I think this is going to be a good spot for me,” Erixon said. “It’s a young team with a lot of competition on defense, so that’s good.
“We’re going to be a good team.”
- Watch Live: Predators at Blackhawks 0
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 3
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 3
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 10
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 72
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 63
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 166
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 18
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 6
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (166)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)