Dec 20, 2012, 7:50 PM EDT
(One would assume that Kopitar is named Slovenia’s best hockey player every year, at the minimum.)
Kopitar edged hammer thrower Primož Kosmus, gaining 261 votes to Kozmus’ 182. Kozmus won a sliver medal at the 2012 London Olympics, but apparently Kopitar’s Stanley Cup achievement makes an argument that the silver chalice is superior to a silver medal.
(At least for hammer-throwing.)
Kopitar had 76 points in 82 regular season games and 20 points in 20 playoff contests last season. He’s currently playing on Swedish second division team Mora IK with his brother Gasper.
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 17
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 0
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 0
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 24
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 112
- Oshie and Berglund out, Tarasenko in for Blues tonight vs. ‘Hawks 9
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 12
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7