Brassard’s agent responds to Salzburg accusations: “There is no more unprofessional organization in all of Europe”
Dec 19, 2012, 4:08 PM EST
We had a feeling it wouldn’t be long before Allan Walsh — the outstpoken player agent representing Columbus forward Derick Brassard — would reply to today’s news that Austrian club EC Red Bull Salzburg accused Brassard of “turning his back” on the team and breaching his contract.
On Wednesday, Walsh did indeed reply — and how.
“Derick Brassard is the fifth NHL player to sign with Red Bull this season, and the fifth player to leave within three weeks of arrival,” Walsh explained to Aaron Portzline of the Columbus Dispatch.
“There is no more unprofessional organization in all of Europe. The club is misrepresenting the facts in an attempt to justify to their fans and media why NHL players keep leaving.”
To recap: Brassard left Salzburg on Tuesday, which prompted the club to post an accusatory statement on its website, saying it was seeking legal advice for possible breach of contract.
Clarkson and Enstrom both left Salzburg prior to November’s roster deadline. In explaining their decisions to leave, neither said anything negative (publicly, anyway) about the club.
“By [November] 12th there is a deadline where they can have so many guys on the roster,” Clarkson told NorthJersey.com. “I came over here to get into shape and to train, but I didn’t come over here to take some guy’s job when he has two kids or three kids.”
Enstrom had a similar explanation.
“They have a roster-cut deadline so I didn’t want to go there and take somebody else’s job so that made it easy for me make a decision to leave,” he told the Winnipeg Free Press.
Dorsett told the Dispatch that he had returned to Canada to wait for the NHL lockout to end, then forwarded all further inquires about his departure to his agent.
At the time of writing, Boychuk’s name was still on the Salzburg roster — he was also on the game sheet for Salzburg’s last game, a 6-4 win on Dec. 16.
Dec 11, 2013, 1:36 AM EST
They beat the Sharks 3-2 via a shootout.
Dec 11, 2013, 12:25 AM EST
His Bruins beat Calgary 2-1 on Tuesday.
Dec 10, 2013, 11:47 PM EST
Ben Scrivens must feel a little less special.
Dec 10, 2013, 11:14 PM EST
He said this is his worst stretch with the team.
Dec 10, 2013, 10:36 PM EST
Dec 10, 2013, 10:33 PM EST
Nashville ends a five-game skid.
Dec 10, 2013, 10:02 PM EST
Dec 10, 2013, 9:30 PM EST
Alex Ovechkin made the Lightning pay.
Dec 10, 2013, 8:24 PM EST
At least he made it longer than Braden Holtby.
Dec 10, 2013, 8:08 PM EST
Martin Jones and Ben Scrivens are holding down the fort.
Dec 10, 2013, 7:47 PM EST
Mike Green also gets a game misconduct.
Dec 10, 2013, 7:12 PM EST
GMs sing his praises, too.
Dec 10, 2013, 6:52 PM EST
It won’t happen in 2014-15, though.
Dec 10, 2013, 5:31 PM EST
It’s a hot-button issue in the wake of Saturday’s Boston-Pittsburgh game.
Dec 10, 2013, 5:13 PM EST
Phoenix has just two wins in its last eight.
Dec 10, 2013, 4:21 PM EST
Former first-round pick on his way to Norfolk.
Dec 10, 2013, 3:02 PM EST
We’re about to find out.
Dec 10, 2013, 2:42 PM EST
A loaded Detroit roster gets… more loaded.
Dec 10, 2013, 2:15 PM EST
‘Hawks no like.
Dec 10, 2013, 1:53 PM EST
For the second time this season.
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 5
- Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 43
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 12
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 68
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 8
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 33
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 104
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 136
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (136)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)