Brassard’s agent responds to Salzburg accusations: “There is no more unprofessional organization in all of Europe”
Dec 19, 2012, 4:08 PM EDT
We had a feeling it wouldn’t be long before Allan Walsh — the outstpoken player agent representing Columbus forward Derick Brassard — would reply to today’s news that Austrian club EC Red Bull Salzburg accused Brassard of “turning his back” on the team and breaching his contract.
On Wednesday, Walsh did indeed reply — and how.
“Derick Brassard is the fifth NHL player to sign with Red Bull this season, and the fifth player to leave within three weeks of arrival,” Walsh explained to Aaron Portzline of the Columbus Dispatch.
“There is no more unprofessional organization in all of Europe. The club is misrepresenting the facts in an attempt to justify to their fans and media why NHL players keep leaving.”
To recap: Brassard left Salzburg on Tuesday, which prompted the club to post an accusatory statement on its website, saying it was seeking legal advice for possible breach of contract.
Clarkson and Enstrom both left Salzburg prior to November’s roster deadline. In explaining their decisions to leave, neither said anything negative (publicly, anyway) about the club.
“By [November] 12th there is a deadline where they can have so many guys on the roster,” Clarkson told NorthJersey.com. “I came over here to get into shape and to train, but I didn’t come over here to take some guy’s job when he has two kids or three kids.”
Enstrom had a similar explanation.
“They have a roster-cut deadline so I didn’t want to go there and take somebody else’s job so that made it easy for me make a decision to leave,” he told the Winnipeg Free Press.
Dorsett told the Dispatch that he had returned to Canada to wait for the NHL lockout to end, then forwarded all further inquires about his departure to his agent.
At the time of writing, Boychuk’s name was still on the Salzburg roster — he was also on the game sheet for Salzburg’s last game, a 6-4 win on Dec. 16.
Apr 18, 2015, 1:36 AM EDT
Another rough go for Crow.
Apr 18, 2015, 1:15 AM EDT
Crazy finish at Rogers Arena.
Apr 18, 2015, 12:59 AM EDT
Series now even at one.
Apr 18, 2015, 12:31 AM EDT
Talk about taking the game out of the officials’ hands.
Apr 17, 2015, 11:34 PM EDT
In Las Vegas.
Apr 17, 2015, 11:21 PM EDT
All the breaks seem to be going Chicago’s way.
Apr 17, 2015, 11:19 PM EDT
Second key player Nashville’s lost in as many games.
Apr 17, 2015, 10:52 PM EDT
Not a great start to the playoffs for Corey Crawford.
Apr 17, 2015, 10:46 PM EDT
Johnny Boychuk admits Isles let one slip away.
Apr 17, 2015, 10:12 PM EDT
Ottawa will need magic at home.
Apr 17, 2015, 9:53 PM EDT
Quite a comeback win for Washington.
Apr 17, 2015, 9:25 PM EDT
He blew the Islanders’ minds on this one.
Apr 17, 2015, 8:37 PM EDT
Updated with P.K. Subban’s booming goal.
Apr 17, 2015, 8:02 PM EDT
Awesome countered by awesomeness.
Apr 17, 2015, 7:02 PM EDT
He seemed tentative in warm-ups …
Apr 17, 2015, 6:39 PM EDT
Apr 17, 2015, 6:28 PM EDT
No pressure, kid.
Apr 17, 2015, 5:55 PM EDT
Game 2’s galore.
Apr 17, 2015, 5:07 PM EDT
“It seems when we lose a game everyone’s really focused to get back on the winning track.”
Apr 17, 2015, 4:05 PM EDT
Mike Fisher looks like he’s unable to go.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 10
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 23
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 66
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 48
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (72)