Brassard’s agent responds to Salzburg accusations: “There is no more unprofessional organization in all of Europe”
Dec 19, 2012, 4:08 PM EDT
We had a feeling it wouldn’t be long before Allan Walsh — the outstpoken player agent representing Columbus forward Derick Brassard — would reply to today’s news that Austrian club EC Red Bull Salzburg accused Brassard of “turning his back” on the team and breaching his contract.
On Wednesday, Walsh did indeed reply — and how.
“Derick Brassard is the fifth NHL player to sign with Red Bull this season, and the fifth player to leave within three weeks of arrival,” Walsh explained to Aaron Portzline of the Columbus Dispatch.
“There is no more unprofessional organization in all of Europe. The club is misrepresenting the facts in an attempt to justify to their fans and media why NHL players keep leaving.”
To recap: Brassard left Salzburg on Tuesday, which prompted the club to post an accusatory statement on its website, saying it was seeking legal advice for possible breach of contract.
Clarkson and Enstrom both left Salzburg prior to November’s roster deadline. In explaining their decisions to leave, neither said anything negative (publicly, anyway) about the club.
“By [November] 12th there is a deadline where they can have so many guys on the roster,” Clarkson told NorthJersey.com. “I came over here to get into shape and to train, but I didn’t come over here to take some guy’s job when he has two kids or three kids.”
Enstrom had a similar explanation.
“They have a roster-cut deadline so I didn’t want to go there and take somebody else’s job so that made it easy for me make a decision to leave,” he told the Winnipeg Free Press.
Dorsett told the Dispatch that he had returned to Canada to wait for the NHL lockout to end, then forwarded all further inquires about his departure to his agent.
At the time of writing, Boychuk’s name was still on the Salzburg roster — he was also on the game sheet for Salzburg’s last game, a 6-4 win on Dec. 16.
Mar 27, 2015, 5:25 PM EDT
Terriers move one step closer to the Frozen Four.
Mar 27, 2015, 5:01 PM EDT
“In the middle of the ice in our system, it’s a lot of work.”
Mar 27, 2015, 4:34 PM EDT
And, quite possibly, for the remainder of the season.
Mar 27, 2015, 4:06 PM EDT
Nail-biting time for Bruins fans.
Mar 27, 2015, 3:35 PM EDT
Joins Pavel Datsyuk and Erik Cole on the shelf.
Mar 27, 2015, 2:33 PM EDT
Mar 27, 2015, 2:23 PM EDT
News and notes from around the crease…
Mar 27, 2015, 2:05 PM EDT
26-15-5 in their last 46 games.
Mar 27, 2015, 12:36 PM EDT
Washington sophomore now $2,000 lighter in the pocket.
Mar 27, 2015, 12:36 PM EDT
Vancouver laid another egg last night versus the Avs.
Mar 27, 2015, 12:29 PM EDT
Because things aren’t trending in a good direction for him.
Mar 27, 2015, 11:59 AM EDT
Three straight road wins has the Kings looking postseason-bound.
Mar 27, 2015, 11:12 AM EDT
“We’re on the course that we set two months ago when we made the decision that Ells was going to be the guy, and we’re not changing that course.”
Mar 27, 2015, 10:55 AM EDT
Red Wings host the Sharks tomorrow.
Mar 27, 2015, 10:49 AM EDT
Russian sophomore has missed nearly the entire season with a hip ailment.
Mar 27, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
He’s been assigned to Hershey on a conditioning assignment.
Mar 27, 2015, 9:50 AM EDT
Changes to the bylaws allow the Philly defenseman to be inducted.
Mar 27, 2015, 8:50 AM EDT
The group is nearing its goal of securing 10,000 season ticket deposits.
Mar 27, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
Friday’s collection of links.
Mar 26, 2015, 11:30 PM EDT
Winnipeg grabbed a big win today, too.
- Five big games to watch this weekend 1
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 28
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 28
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 34
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 14
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 51
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 16
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (51)