Dec 19, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
Subban stated that his primary objective is to shut down one of the NHL’s greatest snipers, as he jokingly told the Montreal Gazette that he has “the book” on Stamkos.
“Hungry for a win? To be completely honest, I’m just going to try to make sure Stamkos doesn’t get a shot,” Subban said. ” … I’m power-skating today to make sure I’m flying out there. I’m going to be all over Stammer, like a glove.”
On the other hand, Subban believes that Logan Couture will be a big difference-maker for his side.
Beyond taking some amusing pot shots at Stamkos, Subban also claims that his squad will be closer to game shape than Team Stamkos.
“As for the lineups, Stammer’s team is more out of shape,” Subban said. “We said they could have the extra guy so they could take the extra rest.”
“I mean, we don’t want to have to bring out the defibrillator.”
If Subban’s amusing antics are any indication, they might just want to bring out the microphones, though.
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 12
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 18
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 7
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 28
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 78
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 52
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)