Dec 19, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
Subban stated that his primary objective is to shut down one of the NHL’s greatest snipers, as he jokingly told the Montreal Gazette that he has “the book” on Stamkos.
“Hungry for a win? To be completely honest, I’m just going to try to make sure Stamkos doesn’t get a shot,” Subban said. ” … I’m power-skating today to make sure I’m flying out there. I’m going to be all over Stammer, like a glove.”
On the other hand, Subban believes that Logan Couture will be a big difference-maker for his side.
Beyond taking some amusing pot shots at Stamkos, Subban also claims that his squad will be closer to game shape than Team Stamkos.
“As for the lineups, Stammer’s team is more out of shape,” Subban said. “We said they could have the extra guy so they could take the extra rest.”
“I mean, we don’t want to have to bring out the defibrillator.”
If Subban’s amusing antics are any indication, they might just want to bring out the microphones, though.
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 7
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 21
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 7
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 53
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39