Dec 19, 2012, 10:00 AM EST
Subban stated that his primary objective is to shut down one of the NHL’s greatest snipers, as he jokingly told the Montreal Gazette that he has “the book” on Stamkos.
“Hungry for a win? To be completely honest, I’m just going to try to make sure Stamkos doesn’t get a shot,” Subban said. ” … I’m power-skating today to make sure I’m flying out there. I’m going to be all over Stammer, like a glove.”
On the other hand, Subban believes that Logan Couture will be a big difference-maker for his side.
Beyond taking some amusing pot shots at Stamkos, Subban also claims that his squad will be closer to game shape than Team Stamkos.
“As for the lineups, Stammer’s team is more out of shape,” Subban said. “We said they could have the extra guy so they could take the extra rest.”
“I mean, we don’t want to have to bring out the defibrillator.”
If Subban’s amusing antics are any indication, they might just want to bring out the microphones, though.
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 4
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 2
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 15
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 33
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46