Dec 19, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
Subban stated that his primary objective is to shut down one of the NHL’s greatest snipers, as he jokingly told the Montreal Gazette that he has “the book” on Stamkos.
“Hungry for a win? To be completely honest, I’m just going to try to make sure Stamkos doesn’t get a shot,” Subban said. ” … I’m power-skating today to make sure I’m flying out there. I’m going to be all over Stammer, like a glove.”
On the other hand, Subban believes that Logan Couture will be a big difference-maker for his side.
Beyond taking some amusing pot shots at Stamkos, Subban also claims that his squad will be closer to game shape than Team Stamkos.
“As for the lineups, Stammer’s team is more out of shape,” Subban said. “We said they could have the extra guy so they could take the extra rest.”
“I mean, we don’t want to have to bring out the defibrillator.”
If Subban’s amusing antics are any indication, they might just want to bring out the microphones, though.
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 0
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 4
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)