Dec 19, 2012, 10:00 AM EST
Subban stated that his primary objective is to shut down one of the NHL’s greatest snipers, as he jokingly told the Montreal Gazette that he has “the book” on Stamkos.
“Hungry for a win? To be completely honest, I’m just going to try to make sure Stamkos doesn’t get a shot,” Subban said. ” … I’m power-skating today to make sure I’m flying out there. I’m going to be all over Stammer, like a glove.”
On the other hand, Subban believes that Logan Couture will be a big difference-maker for his side.
Beyond taking some amusing pot shots at Stamkos, Subban also claims that his squad will be closer to game shape than Team Stamkos.
“As for the lineups, Stammer’s team is more out of shape,” Subban said. “We said they could have the extra guy so they could take the extra rest.”
“I mean, we don’t want to have to bring out the defibrillator.”
If Subban’s amusing antics are any indication, they might just want to bring out the microphones, though.
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 20
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 44
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 30
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)