Dec 19, 2012, 8:11 PM EDT
Flames forward Mike Cammalleri could be headed to Switzerland for his lockout home.
Louis Jean of TVA in Canada reports the Flames forward is on the verge of signing with Geneva-Servette of the Swiss National League. That team is where San Jose’s Logan Couture had been playing and Montreal’s Yannick Weber is still at.
Jean also reports Cammalleri could suit up for Canada at the Spengler Cup if the lockout claims more games from the NHL schedule. At least he’s got that going for him. His future Flames teammate Jiri Hudler had a big debut playing abroad in the Czech league today scoring twice. Flames fans would rather not think of what could happen if the season were under way.
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers aim to solve Hawks’ Crawford 7
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 18
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 34
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)