Dec 19, 2012, 8:11 PM EDT
Flames forward Mike Cammalleri could be headed to Switzerland for his lockout home.
Louis Jean of TVA in Canada reports the Flames forward is on the verge of signing with Geneva-Servette of the Swiss National League. That team is where San Jose’s Logan Couture had been playing and Montreal’s Yannick Weber is still at.
Jean also reports Cammalleri could suit up for Canada at the Spengler Cup if the lockout claims more games from the NHL schedule. At least he’s got that going for him. His future Flames teammate Jiri Hudler had a big debut playing abroad in the Czech league today scoring twice. Flames fans would rather not think of what could happen if the season were under way.
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 0
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 9
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 65
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 15
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 16
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 35
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (65)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)