Dec 19, 2012, 8:11 PM EDT
Flames forward Mike Cammalleri could be headed to Switzerland for his lockout home.
Louis Jean of TVA in Canada reports the Flames forward is on the verge of signing with Geneva-Servette of the Swiss National League. That team is where San Jose’s Logan Couture had been playing and Montreal’s Yannick Weber is still at.
Jean also reports Cammalleri could suit up for Canada at the Spengler Cup if the lockout claims more games from the NHL schedule. At least he’s got that going for him. His future Flames teammate Jiri Hudler had a big debut playing abroad in the Czech league today scoring twice. Flames fans would rather not think of what could happen if the season were under way.
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 10
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 9
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 28
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)