Dec 19, 2012, 8:11 PM EST
Flames forward Mike Cammalleri could be headed to Switzerland for his lockout home.
Louis Jean of TVA in Canada reports the Flames forward is on the verge of signing with Geneva-Servette of the Swiss National League. That team is where San Jose’s Logan Couture had been playing and Montreal’s Yannick Weber is still at.
Jean also reports Cammalleri could suit up for Canada at the Spengler Cup if the lockout claims more games from the NHL schedule. At least he’s got that going for him. His future Flames teammate Jiri Hudler had a big debut playing abroad in the Czech league today scoring twice. Flames fans would rather not think of what could happen if the season were under way.
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 0
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 21
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 27
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 63
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)