Dec 19, 2012, 8:11 PM EST
Flames forward Mike Cammalleri could be headed to Switzerland for his lockout home.
Louis Jean of TVA in Canada reports the Flames forward is on the verge of signing with Geneva-Servette of the Swiss National League. That team is where San Jose’s Logan Couture had been playing and Montreal’s Yannick Weber is still at.
Jean also reports Cammalleri could suit up for Canada at the Spengler Cup if the lockout claims more games from the NHL schedule. At least he’s got that going for him. His future Flames teammate Jiri Hudler had a big debut playing abroad in the Czech league today scoring twice. Flames fans would rather not think of what could happen if the season were under way.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 22
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (72)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (42)