Dec 19, 2012, 9:00 AM EST
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
Picturing the glorious, entertaining chaos that would ensue if every NHL contract became null and void because of the legal proceedings. (The Sporting News)
ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun reports that it’s possible more games will be canceled by the end of this week. Well, it is the holiday season. (LeBrun’s Twitter)
Another informative take at the upcoming legal wranglings. (The Globe & Mail)
Move over Barack Obama and Stephen Harper: Michael Buble is weighing in on the lockout. (Josh Rimer, NHL Home Ice)
The name Bill McCreary shouldn’t just be associated with sweet mustaches and officiating. One Bill McCreary also clobbered Wayne Gretzky. (Greatest Hockey Legends)
Updated rankings for the Dallas Stars’ farm system. (Defending Big D)
More lockout-related venting. (Puck Daddy)
Mar 1, 2015, 12:34 PM EST
Mar 1, 2015, 12:21 PM EST
A quick rundown of waiver transactions on Sunday.
Mar 1, 2015, 11:33 AM EST
Anaheim readies for a road-heavy March.
Mar 1, 2015, 10:17 AM EST
Three of his season’s six goals came in the last three games.
Mar 1, 2015, 9:35 AM EST
The first-round pick was a little too rich, it seems.
Mar 1, 2015, 1:37 AM EST
They’ll play again on March 8.
Mar 1, 2015, 1:03 AM EST
San Jose completed its disastrous month with a loss to Ottawa.
Mar 1, 2015, 12:42 AM EST
In other words, he’s probably not going to be dealt before the trade deadline.
Feb 28, 2015, 11:52 PM EST
The Coyotes might not be done dealing yet.
Feb 28, 2015, 11:11 PM EST
Steve Mason was solid in his first start since undergoing knee surgery.
Feb 28, 2015, 10:41 PM EST
He’s continuing to make his case for the art Trophy.
Feb 28, 2015, 10:12 PM EST
Chicago also added Kimmo Timonen on Friday.
Feb 28, 2015, 9:24 PM EST
Stakes are high for Philadelphia after Boston and Florida won.
Feb 28, 2015, 8:50 PM EST
His leadership and the confidence that he brings might provide Florida with a big boost.
Feb 28, 2015, 8:24 PM EST
Arizona is threatening to drop to 29th in the NHL, which would be big as far as the draft lottery is concerned.
Feb 28, 2015, 7:51 PM EST
Philadelphia is trying to salvage its bid for a playoff spot.
Feb 28, 2015, 7:37 PM EST
A recent report suggests that Boston is interested.
Feb 28, 2015, 6:55 PM EST
He’s been released from the hospital.
Feb 28, 2015, 6:02 PM EST
Alexey Marchenko scored his first career goal.
Feb 28, 2015, 5:34 PM EST
That gives some teams extra roster flexibility.
- Flames place Giordano on IR 0
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 25
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 59
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 41
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (94)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)