Dec 19, 2012, 4:21 PM EST
Evander Kane is sorry if he rubbed hockey fans the wrong way by posing on a Las Vegas balcony with four bricks of cash and tweeting a picture of it to his thousands of followers.
(Man, the sentences we have to write sometimes.)
“I didn’t mean to offend anybody,” the 21-year-old Jets forward told the Winnipeg Sun’s Ken Wiebe. “It was taken by a bunch of people in the wrong context.”
Kane was surprised at the backlash the tweet caused, though he recognizes how it could’ve been seen in a negative light given the NHL’s work stoppage.
“I totally get that point, I understand it,” he said. “But it had nothing to do with the lockout or my views on it.
“Everybody is affected by this lockout. It’s not like we’re on strike. We would love to be able to play hockey right now.
“When it comes to people that work at the rinks, have jobs in restaurants and concessions, it’s tough.”
The picture, by the way, was taken in November.
- BREAKING: Voynov charged with felony for domestic violence 14
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ 23
- (Video) PHT Extra: Carlyle’s on the hot seat, Hartley’s riding high 0
- Hextall launched profanity-laced tirade against Flyers last night 29
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him 53
- NHL watching 3-on-3 OT in the AHL closely 12
- Sens’ Murray hopes to bring cancer awareness 5
- Pens’ Dupuis has blood clot in lung, out six months 25
- It’s not all Carlyle’s fault, but the Leafs’ coach is failing at his job 12
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers host Flyers on Rivalry Night 4
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (53)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- Video: Malkin runs over Girardi (Updated) (41)
- Bettman calls Panthers relocation speculation ‘unfounded’ (36)