Dec 19, 2012, 4:21 PM EDT
Evander Kane is sorry if he rubbed hockey fans the wrong way by posing on a Las Vegas balcony with four bricks of cash and tweeting a picture of it to his thousands of followers.
(Man, the sentences we have to write sometimes.)
“I didn’t mean to offend anybody,” the 21-year-old Jets forward told the Winnipeg Sun’s Ken Wiebe. “It was taken by a bunch of people in the wrong context.”
Kane was surprised at the backlash the tweet caused, though he recognizes how it could’ve been seen in a negative light given the NHL’s work stoppage.
“I totally get that point, I understand it,” he said. “But it had nothing to do with the lockout or my views on it.
“Everybody is affected by this lockout. It’s not like we’re on strike. We would love to be able to play hockey right now.
“When it comes to people that work at the rinks, have jobs in restaurants and concessions, it’s tough.”
The picture, by the way, was taken in November.
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 3
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 15
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 11
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 40
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)