Dec 19, 2012, 5:00 PM EST
Talk about making a first impression.
It’s an impressive return to form for Hudler. In October, he signed with KHL Lev Praha, only to see an abdominal muscle injury derail his campaign after just four games played.
Lev either cut Hudler or he asked to be freed from his contract so he could rest/recuperate and be ready for the start of the NHL season. Regardless, he’s back now.
On that note, it should be mentioned Hudler is still a member of the Flames in contract only. The 28-year-old inked a four-year, $16 million deal with Calgary this past summer but, because of the lockout, has yet to play a game for his new team.
Prior to signing with Calgary, Hudler had spent his entire NHL career with the Detroit Red Wings — save a one-year sojourn to the KHL to play for Dynamo Moscow.
Nov 26, 2014, 5:31 PM EST
Two teams meet for the second time this season.
Nov 26, 2014, 5:12 PM EST
After an injury to Brian Elliott.
Nov 26, 2014, 5:00 PM EST
Yappy Lappy was at it again.
Nov 26, 2014, 4:06 PM EST
“Anybody can GM, anybody can be a president… whether you’re going to be good at it or not, who knows.”
Nov 26, 2014, 3:54 PM EST
San Jose coach is feeling the heat.
Nov 26, 2014, 3:20 PM EST
Click for video of the incident.
Nov 26, 2014, 2:57 PM EST
Minny dominated L.A. early in the season, but lost 2-1.
Nov 26, 2014, 2:45 PM EST
News and notes from around the crease…
Nov 26, 2014, 2:27 PM EST
Originally out 4-6 weeks, he’s back in just over three.
Nov 26, 2014, 2:04 PM EST
But how much public money will be required?
Nov 26, 2014, 1:03 PM EST
The Blues are one of the few teams in the NHL with a surplus of quality centers.
Nov 26, 2014, 12:57 PM EST
Jordan Binnington on his way up to St. Louis.
Nov 26, 2014, 12:22 PM EST
What are the chances the Islanders, Leafs, Predators, Canucks, Flames and Jets can hang on?
Nov 26, 2014, 12:11 PM EST
Fall from grace for the former 30-goal scorer.
Nov 26, 2014, 11:42 AM EST
Out “a couple of weeks” with a lower-body injury.
Nov 26, 2014, 11:28 AM EST
Arizona forward forced the Avs d-man from the game.
Nov 26, 2014, 11:10 AM EST
Dallas forward does have a history with the NHL’s player safety department.
Nov 26, 2014, 10:58 AM EST
To cheer, or boo? That’s the query.
Nov 26, 2014, 10:50 AM EST
Two teams headed down different paths?
Nov 26, 2014, 10:03 AM EST
He missed the last three games with an upper-body injury.
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 6
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 6
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 0
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 2
- The day before Thanksgiving, six new playoff teams 10
- What they’re saying about St. Louis’ return to Tampa Bay 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers face Red Wings on Rivalry Night 13
- Video: Canucks honor Quinn with “O Danny Boy” 8
- Video: Stars’ Klingberg scores from center ice 4
- Report: Alfredsson retirement to be announced Dec. 4 10
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)