Dec 19, 2012, 5:00 PM EST
Talk about making a first impression.
It’s an impressive return to form for Hudler. In October, he signed with KHL Lev Praha, only to see an abdominal muscle injury derail his campaign after just four games played.
Lev either cut Hudler or he asked to be freed from his contract so he could rest/recuperate and be ready for the start of the NHL season. Regardless, he’s back now.
On that note, it should be mentioned Hudler is still a member of the Flames in contract only. The 28-year-old inked a four-year, $16 million deal with Calgary this past summer but, because of the lockout, has yet to play a game for his new team.
Prior to signing with Calgary, Hudler had spent his entire NHL career with the Detroit Red Wings — save a one-year sojourn to the KHL to play for Dynamo Moscow.
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 0
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 57
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 28
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 80
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Video: Penguins hold on to beat Capitals for first time this season 29
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (80)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)