Dec 19, 2012, 5:00 PM EDT
Talk about making a first impression.
It’s an impressive return to form for Hudler. In October, he signed with KHL Lev Praha, only to see an abdominal muscle injury derail his campaign after just four games played.
Lev either cut Hudler or he asked to be freed from his contract so he could rest/recuperate and be ready for the start of the NHL season. Regardless, he’s back now.
On that note, it should be mentioned Hudler is still a member of the Flames in contract only. The 28-year-old inked a four-year, $16 million deal with Calgary this past summer but, because of the lockout, has yet to play a game for his new team.
Prior to signing with Calgary, Hudler had spent his entire NHL career with the Detroit Red Wings — save a one-year sojourn to the KHL to play for Dynamo Moscow.
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 67
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 3
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 32
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 15