Dec 19, 2012, 5:00 PM EST
Talk about making a first impression.
It’s an impressive return to form for Hudler. In October, he signed with KHL Lev Praha, only to see an abdominal muscle injury derail his campaign after just four games played.
Lev either cut Hudler or he asked to be freed from his contract so he could rest/recuperate and be ready for the start of the NHL season. Regardless, he’s back now.
On that note, it should be mentioned Hudler is still a member of the Flames in contract only. The 28-year-old inked a four-year, $16 million deal with Calgary this past summer but, because of the lockout, has yet to play a game for his new team.
Prior to signing with Calgary, Hudler had spent his entire NHL career with the Detroit Red Wings — save a one-year sojourn to the KHL to play for Dynamo Moscow.
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 7
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 83
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 74
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 65
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 46
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 77
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 170
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 5
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 25
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (171)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (84)
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ (78)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (75)