Dec 19, 2012, 6:49 PM EDT
When Bill Daly told Hockey Night In Canada radio today he believed there will be a season, it gave fans a reason to be optimistic. They’re not the only ones.
Before tonight’s charity game between Team Subban and Team Stamkos in Toronto, NHLPA Executive Director Donald Fehr spoke with the media and when told about Daly’s proclamation, he was his usual understated self.
“That’s good news. I’m glad to hear that. I certainly hope he’s right,” Fehr told reporters.
Hope? Optimism? A return to the bargaining table? We can hold out for all of these things, but for now all these quotes are good for are to show us what we’ve known for some time now. We know both sides want to play hockey and they want to get a deal hammered out on their terms.
For now, since they’re not talking with each other they’ll continue to talk to just about everyone else.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 15
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 20
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 65
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 26
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)