Dec 19, 2012, 6:49 PM EDT
When Bill Daly told Hockey Night In Canada radio today he believed there will be a season, it gave fans a reason to be optimistic. They’re not the only ones.
Before tonight’s charity game between Team Subban and Team Stamkos in Toronto, NHLPA Executive Director Donald Fehr spoke with the media and when told about Daly’s proclamation, he was his usual understated self.
“That’s good news. I’m glad to hear that. I certainly hope he’s right,” Fehr told reporters.
Hope? Optimism? A return to the bargaining table? We can hold out for all of these things, but for now all these quotes are good for are to show us what we’ve known for some time now. We know both sides want to play hockey and they want to get a deal hammered out on their terms.
For now, since they’re not talking with each other they’ll continue to talk to just about everyone else.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)