Dec 19, 2012, 6:49 PM EDT
When Bill Daly told Hockey Night In Canada radio today he believed there will be a season, it gave fans a reason to be optimistic. They’re not the only ones.
Before tonight’s charity game between Team Subban and Team Stamkos in Toronto, NHLPA Executive Director Donald Fehr spoke with the media and when told about Daly’s proclamation, he was his usual understated self.
“That’s good news. I’m glad to hear that. I certainly hope he’s right,” Fehr told reporters.
Hope? Optimism? A return to the bargaining table? We can hold out for all of these things, but for now all these quotes are good for are to show us what we’ve known for some time now. We know both sides want to play hockey and they want to get a deal hammered out on their terms.
For now, since they’re not talking with each other they’ll continue to talk to just about everyone else.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)