Dec 19, 2012, 3:08 PM EDT
Bruce Boudreau is going stir crazy.
That’s what the Anaheim Ducks coach told the OC Register on Wednesday, saying he’s had just about enough of not working as the NHL lockout extends into its third month.
“If this has been a preview of what retirement is like,” Boudreau said, “I never want to retire.”
After a whirlwind 2011-12 campaign that saw him get fired by Washington and hired two days later by Anaheim — the fastest coaching turnaround in NHL history — Boudreau was looking forward to his first full season with the Ducks.
Last year, Anaheim surged late to bump Boudreau’s record to a respectable 27-23-8 — the Ducks even briefly flirted with the playoffs — then made some major moves in the summer.
Boudreau also signed a two-year contract extension in May — so yeah, you can see why he and the rest of the Ducks’ coaching staff want to get back at it.
“We’ve come up with Plans A, B, C and D and thought about every possibility to be ready,” assistant coach Brad Lauer said. “But by noon, there’s nothing more to do because there’s no hockey.”
“Frustration,” Boudreau added. “Frustration and waiting, that’s life now.”
Tell me about it.
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 20
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 32
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 61
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 25
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 91
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 19
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 15
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 14
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 47
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (91)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)