Dec 19, 2012, 3:08 PM EST
Bruce Boudreau is going stir crazy.
That’s what the Anaheim Ducks coach told the OC Register on Wednesday, saying he’s had just about enough of not working as the NHL lockout extends into its third month.
“If this has been a preview of what retirement is like,” Boudreau said, “I never want to retire.”
After a whirlwind 2011-12 campaign that saw him get fired by Washington and hired two days later by Anaheim — the fastest coaching turnaround in NHL history — Boudreau was looking forward to his first full season with the Ducks.
Last year, Anaheim surged late to bump Boudreau’s record to a respectable 27-23-8 — the Ducks even briefly flirted with the playoffs — then made some major moves in the summer.
Boudreau also signed a two-year contract extension in May — so yeah, you can see why he and the rest of the Ducks’ coaching staff want to get back at it.
“We’ve come up with Plans A, B, C and D and thought about every possibility to be ready,” assistant coach Brad Lauer said. “But by noon, there’s nothing more to do because there’s no hockey.”
“Frustration,” Boudreau added. “Frustration and waiting, that’s life now.”
Tell me about it.
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 40
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 56
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 33
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang (56)