Dec 19, 2012, 3:08 PM EDT
Bruce Boudreau is going stir crazy.
That’s what the Anaheim Ducks coach told the OC Register on Wednesday, saying he’s had just about enough of not working as the NHL lockout extends into its third month.
“If this has been a preview of what retirement is like,” Boudreau said, “I never want to retire.”
After a whirlwind 2011-12 campaign that saw him get fired by Washington and hired two days later by Anaheim — the fastest coaching turnaround in NHL history — Boudreau was looking forward to his first full season with the Ducks.
Last year, Anaheim surged late to bump Boudreau’s record to a respectable 27-23-8 — the Ducks even briefly flirted with the playoffs — then made some major moves in the summer.
Boudreau also signed a two-year contract extension in May — so yeah, you can see why he and the rest of the Ducks’ coaching staff want to get back at it.
“We’ve come up with Plans A, B, C and D and thought about every possibility to be ready,” assistant coach Brad Lauer said. “But by noon, there’s nothing more to do because there’s no hockey.”
“Frustration,” Boudreau added. “Frustration and waiting, that’s life now.”
Tell me about it.
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 16
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 24
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 16
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 30
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 43
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 12
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (43)
- New Caps regime plans to keep Ovechkin at RW (for now) (42)
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal (39)