Dec 19, 2012, 3:08 PM EDT
Bruce Boudreau is going stir crazy.
That’s what the Anaheim Ducks coach told the OC Register on Wednesday, saying he’s had just about enough of not working as the NHL lockout extends into its third month.
“If this has been a preview of what retirement is like,” Boudreau said, “I never want to retire.”
After a whirlwind 2011-12 campaign that saw him get fired by Washington and hired two days later by Anaheim — the fastest coaching turnaround in NHL history — Boudreau was looking forward to his first full season with the Ducks.
Last year, Anaheim surged late to bump Boudreau’s record to a respectable 27-23-8 — the Ducks even briefly flirted with the playoffs — then made some major moves in the summer.
Boudreau also signed a two-year contract extension in May — so yeah, you can see why he and the rest of the Ducks’ coaching staff want to get back at it.
“We’ve come up with Plans A, B, C and D and thought about every possibility to be ready,” assistant coach Brad Lauer said. “But by noon, there’s nothing more to do because there’s no hockey.”
“Frustration,” Boudreau added. “Frustration and waiting, that’s life now.”
Tell me about it.
- Bylsma rips Penguins, calls effort level ‘troubling’ 17
- Cooke: I didn’t intend to collide knee-on-knee with Barrie 61
- On ‘score effects,’ and the challenges of playing with the lead 8
- MacKinnon: Avs ‘shut ourselves down’ in Game 3, not Wild 23
- Bergeron, Kopitar and Toews named Selke finalists 31
- Report: Zetterberg to return to Detroit lineup tonight (Update: Game-time decision) 60
- Kane’s OT goal ties Blackhawks – Blues series at 2-2 34
- Stars chase Andersen, tie series with Ducks 2-2 21
- Penguins blow three-goal lead, Columbus evens series 94
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 104
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)