Dec 18, 2012, 9:01 PM EDT
The “avid hockey fan” shared his concerns about the league with TVA’s Pierre Bruneau on Tuesday.
“For the NHL, this is a dangerous situation,” Harper said. “It’s sad to see the relationship so broken.”
Many would argue that Harper is the more hockey-qualified of the two politicians – and not just because Harper is Canadian.
Either way, it’s a layup to appeal to spurned hockey fans even if it’s unlikely that criticisms from politicians will get the two sides talking any sooner.
In the mean time, Harper said he’ll divert his puck-loving attention to the upcoming 2013 World Junior tournament.
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 20
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17