Dec 18, 2012, 9:01 PM EDT
The “avid hockey fan” shared his concerns about the league with TVA’s Pierre Bruneau on Tuesday.
“For the NHL, this is a dangerous situation,” Harper said. “It’s sad to see the relationship so broken.”
Many would argue that Harper is the more hockey-qualified of the two politicians – and not just because Harper is Canadian.
Either way, it’s a layup to appeal to spurned hockey fans even if it’s unlikely that criticisms from politicians will get the two sides talking any sooner.
In the mean time, Harper said he’ll divert his puck-loving attention to the upcoming 2013 World Junior tournament.
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 2
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head 64
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 34
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 53
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 85
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 24
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 136
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (136)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes (85)