Dec 18, 2012, 9:01 PM EST
The “avid hockey fan” shared his concerns about the league with TVA’s Pierre Bruneau on Tuesday.
“For the NHL, this is a dangerous situation,” Harper said. “It’s sad to see the relationship so broken.”
Many would argue that Harper is the more hockey-qualified of the two politicians – and not just because Harper is Canadian.
Either way, it’s a layup to appeal to spurned hockey fans even if it’s unlikely that criticisms from politicians will get the two sides talking any sooner.
In the mean time, Harper said he’ll divert his puck-loving attention to the upcoming 2013 World Junior tournament.
- Miller’s second straight shutout puts Canucks in NHL lead 15
- Video: Ennis fires behind his back while falling, scores 3
- Video: Hjalmarsson crushes Kesler, Lindholm scores in wild sequence (Updated) 6
- Trade: Ducks get Brewer from Lightning; Beauchemin out 4-6 weeks 2
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 25
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 2
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 5
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 3
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Report: Perron’s name comes up as Oilers seek trade for ‘top center’ (45)
- Video: Bruins see two goals waved off (44)
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? (43)