Dec 18, 2012, 9:01 PM EDT
The “avid hockey fan” shared his concerns about the league with TVA’s Pierre Bruneau on Tuesday.
“For the NHL, this is a dangerous situation,” Harper said. “It’s sad to see the relationship so broken.”
Many would argue that Harper is the more hockey-qualified of the two politicians – and not just because Harper is Canadian.
Either way, it’s a layup to appeal to spurned hockey fans even if it’s unlikely that criticisms from politicians will get the two sides talking any sooner.
In the mean time, Harper said he’ll divert his puck-loving attention to the upcoming 2013 World Junior tournament.
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 4
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Report: Dal Colle signs with Islanders (Updated) 1
- Bridge built: Blues lock up Schwartz to two-year deal reportedly worth $4.7M 12
- Comedian Will Arnett at Leafs practice 8
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys (28)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)