Dec 18, 2012, 9:01 PM EDT
The “avid hockey fan” shared his concerns about the league with TVA’s Pierre Bruneau on Tuesday.
“For the NHL, this is a dangerous situation,” Harper said. “It’s sad to see the relationship so broken.”
Many would argue that Harper is the more hockey-qualified of the two politicians – and not just because Harper is Canadian.
Either way, it’s a layup to appeal to spurned hockey fans even if it’s unlikely that criticisms from politicians will get the two sides talking any sooner.
In the mean time, Harper said he’ll divert his puck-loving attention to the upcoming 2013 World Junior tournament.
- Video: Flyers trounce slumping Penguins on Rivalry Night 29
- Video: Crosby scores goal No. 300 for his NHL career 5
- (Video) McKenzie: ‘Best guess is anywhere from 3-5 games’ for Byfuglien suspension 15
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 35
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 36
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller (66)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (65)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Sabres GM Tim Murray: ‘I think too much about’ McDavid (55)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack (49)