Dec 18, 2012, 9:00 AM EST
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
Marian Hossa is happy to be medically cleared following his concussion during the 2012 playoffs. He’s hoping the lockout will end soon, but he’s willing to explore his “other options” if the season is lost. (CSN Chicago)
Pierre LeBrun thinks both sides deserve to share in the blame for the fact that the NHL still doesn’t have a new CBA. (ESPN)
Former New York Rangers netminder Mike Richter has been impressed by what he’s seen so far at the Team USA selection camp for the 2013 World Junior Championship. (NHL.com)
Dallas Stars prospect Alex Guptill was recently scratched for a couple games by the University of Michigan for bad practice habits and attitude issues. He was the 2011-12 CCHA Rookie of the Year. (AnnArbor.com)
Syracuse Crunch GM Julien BriseBois thinks goaltenders Dustin Tokarski and Riku Helenius have been better than their numbers suggest. The Crunch are the Tampa Bay Lightning’s AHL affiliate. (Lightning.nhl.com)
Which team has the better prospects in the AHL: The Edmonton Oilers or Minnesota Wild? (Edmonton Journal)
Dec 19, 2013, 1:03 PM EST
“Things are going well, let’s just let things happen,” said GM Dale Tallon.
Dec 19, 2013, 12:53 PM EST
“He’s a young player still, and sometimes you have those seasons.”
Dec 19, 2013, 12:23 PM EST
Flyers host Jackets.
Dec 19, 2013, 12:13 PM EST
Shakeup time in Detroit.
Dec 19, 2013, 12:01 PM EST
Dec 19, 2013, 11:49 AM EST
He’ll face the Preds tonight.
Dec 19, 2013, 11:37 AM EST
Mathew Dumba and Jonathan Drouin will serve as alternates.
Dec 19, 2013, 11:19 AM EST
He played less than five minutes against the Coyotes.
Dec 19, 2013, 9:58 AM EST
The Vancouver Canucks have put him on unconditional waivers.
Dec 19, 2013, 9:06 AM EST
There was some controversy surrounding the goal.
Dec 19, 2013, 8:02 AM EST
Thursday’s collection of links.
Dec 19, 2013, 7:30 AM EST
Nine suspensions totaling 38 games, with more likely on the way.
Dec 19, 2013, 12:55 AM EST
If all goes well, he could be back on Dec. 27, according to Fletcher.
Dec 18, 2013, 11:57 PM EST
Pittsburgh’s forward got a penalty.
Dec 18, 2013, 11:30 PM EST
Dec 18, 2013, 11:12 PM EST
New York comes back but can’t get two points.
Dec 18, 2013, 10:05 PM EST
Dec 18, 2013, 9:41 PM EST
It’s not a concussion.
Dec 18, 2013, 9:02 PM EST
Could the World Junior tournament be next?
Dec 18, 2013, 8:52 PM EST
- Schenn to play tonight; Oates maintains Wilson hit was ‘totally clean’ 7
- Video: ‘The message is not being heard’ when it comes to illegal hits, suspensions 34
- Video: Kunitz collides with Rangers’ goalie Lundqvist in overtime (Updated) 49
- Discuss: Penguins outlast Rangers in the shootout on NBCSN Rivalry Night 43
- Video: Jagr passes Yzerman for eighth on NHL goals list 11
- Wild put Harding on IR to undergo change in MS treatment 15
- Nonis: I’m not firing Carlyle 15
- Steen agrees to extension with Blues — three years, $17.4 million 17
- Engelland suspended five games for ‘reckless’ Abdelkader headshot 41
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: So many bad contracts, coaches on the hot seat, the NHL in Vegas? and more! 24
- Updated: NHL suspends Thornton 15 games for Orpik attack (155)
- Janssen: Orpik should’ve fought Thornton, then ‘everything would have quieted down’ (123)
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (107)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (101)
- Cam Neely questions length of Thornton’s suspension (78)