Dec 18, 2012, 1:35 PM EDT
Last week, Marian Hossa was cleared from a season-ending concussion suffered during last year’s playoffs.
This week, he’s thinking about his playing future.
That’s what the Blackhawks forward told CSN Chicago on Monday, confirming he’s been medically cleared to resume playing hockey — possibly overseas, if that’s what it comes to.
“It definitely feels good to be cleared,” Hossa explained. “Basically after all the testing I’ve done I feel really comfortable with myself. Right now, I’m skating with the guys, I’m feeling good, and when the season starts, I’ll be ready.”
Just one catch: Hossa, like everybody else, has no idea when the season will start.
The 33-year-old suggested he’d eventually explore his European options — which isn’t all that surprising. Hossa was a busy guy during the last lockout, playing for two different European clubs: Trencin Dukla, the Slovakian team of his youth, and Mora IK of the Swedish Elite League, where he skated alongside Shawn Horcoff, Dan Cleary and Andreas Lilja.
“In the next few weeks we have to get a result [on if there is/isn’t an NHL season] — hopefully it’s a positive one,” Hossa said. “If not, I’ll do the next step and maybe look for other options.”
Apr 25, 2015, 11:03 PM EDT
A six-game series that felt like (at least) seven.
Apr 25, 2015, 10:31 PM EDT
Wild stuff at the Saddledome tonight.
Apr 25, 2015, 9:59 PM EDT
Vancouver looking to avoid elimination for the second straight game.
Apr 25, 2015, 9:55 PM EDT
Zero goals in five playoff games.
Apr 25, 2015, 9:18 PM EDT
A healthy tally.
Apr 25, 2015, 8:50 PM EDT
Putting on a clinic.
Apr 25, 2015, 8:41 PM EDT
Corey Crawford’s back in.
Apr 25, 2015, 7:37 PM EDT
The Islanders won 3-1 in Game 6.
Apr 25, 2015, 6:59 PM EDT
No penalty on the play.
Apr 25, 2015, 6:10 PM EDT
He made his postseason debut in Game 4.
Apr 25, 2015, 6:03 PM EDT
Plenty of life on Long Island.
Apr 25, 2015, 5:48 PM EDT
Apr 25, 2015, 5:20 PM EDT
Keep this bounce in mind in the third period.
Apr 25, 2015, 4:58 PM EDT
He’s been ruled out of the series due to a rib injury.
Apr 25, 2015, 4:25 PM EDT
Carlson has his first of the playoffs.
Apr 25, 2015, 4:15 PM EDT
Kudos to the Cambria County War Memorial Arena in Johnstown, Pennsylvania and the Decatur Civic Center in Decatur, Illinois.
Apr 25, 2015, 3:45 PM EDT
He’ll backup for a fourth straight game.
Apr 25, 2015, 2:55 PM EDT
New York, Nashville and Vancouver are all facing elimination today.
Apr 25, 2015, 2:25 PM EDT
Both were in their first season with the hockey club.
Apr 25, 2015, 2:00 PM EDT
He helped Russia win gold last year.
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 2
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 16
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 28
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 9
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 106
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (106)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)