Dec 18, 2012, 2:35 PM EDT
Tampa Bay netminder Anders Lindback suffered a cut knee during Tuesday’s practice with SM-liiga club Tampere, an injury that’ll keep him out of action for a short while.
Here’s more, from Damian Cristodero of the Tampa Bay Times:
[Lindback] took a puck off a knee, opening a cut that agent Mike Deutsch said required “a few stitches.”
Lindback is expected out about 10 days, Deutsch said, and added “there is no structural damage.”
Deutsch said Lindback told him he did not even know he was injured as seriously as he was until he took off his gear after practice. “He said, “I took my gear off and couldn’t believe there was a cut there.”
The 24-year-old Swedish netminder signed with Tampere in late October and, while his 3-6-4 record leaves something to be desired, he has performed solidly.
Lindback’s posted a 2.33 goals-against average through 13 games, and sits second overall in the league with a 9.30 save percentage.
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 0
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 5
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 15
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 20
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5