Dec 18, 2012, 2:35 PM EST
Tampa Bay netminder Anders Lindback suffered a cut knee during Tuesday’s practice with SM-liiga club Tampere, an injury that’ll keep him out of action for a short while.
Here’s more, from Damian Cristodero of the Tampa Bay Times:
[Lindback] took a puck off a knee, opening a cut that agent Mike Deutsch said required “a few stitches.”
Lindback is expected out about 10 days, Deutsch said, and added “there is no structural damage.”
Deutsch said Lindback told him he did not even know he was injured as seriously as he was until he took off his gear after practice. “He said, “I took my gear off and couldn’t believe there was a cut there.”
The 24-year-old Swedish netminder signed with Tampere in late October and, while his 3-6-4 record leaves something to be desired, he has performed solidly.
Lindback’s posted a 2.33 goals-against average through 13 games, and sits second overall in the league with a 9.30 save percentage.
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 13
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 76
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 4
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 14
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 88
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 83
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 68
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 172
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (176)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (89)
- Bruins’ Kelly out with broken ankle after Dupuis slash (86)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (85)