Dec 18, 2012, 2:35 PM EDT
Tampa Bay netminder Anders Lindback suffered a cut knee during Tuesday’s practice with SM-liiga club Tampere, an injury that’ll keep him out of action for a short while.
Here’s more, from Damian Cristodero of the Tampa Bay Times:
[Lindback] took a puck off a knee, opening a cut that agent Mike Deutsch said required “a few stitches.”
Lindback is expected out about 10 days, Deutsch said, and added “there is no structural damage.”
Deutsch said Lindback told him he did not even know he was injured as seriously as he was until he took off his gear after practice. “He said, “I took my gear off and couldn’t believe there was a cut there.”
The 24-year-old Swedish netminder signed with Tampere in late October and, while his 3-6-4 record leaves something to be desired, he has performed solidly.
Lindback’s posted a 2.33 goals-against average through 13 games, and sits second overall in the league with a 9.30 save percentage.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 30
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 114
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (114)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (39)