Dec 17, 2012, 8:12 PM EDT
As we previously reported, the players are in the process of deciding whether or not to give the NHLPA executive committee the authority to file a disclaimer of interest. In addition to that, they’re also voting on the matter of potentially forming a professional trade association, according to RDS’ Renaud Lavoie.
The professional trade association would reportedly replace the union should the NHLPA decide to go through with the disclaimer of interest.
That would be in line with what the NBPA did during the 2011 NBA lockout.
Doing so might push the lockout fight to the courtroom. The NHL has already acted in anticipation of the NHLPA dissolving by filing a Class Action Complaint.
It’s worth noting that the NBA lockout ended up being resolved quickly after the basketball players dissolved their union. We’ll see if history repeats itself.
Apr 17, 2015, 11:34 PM EDT
In Las Vegas.
Apr 17, 2015, 11:21 PM EDT
All the breaks seem to be going Chicago’s way.
Apr 17, 2015, 11:19 PM EDT
Second key player Nashville’s lost in as many games.
Apr 17, 2015, 10:52 PM EDT
Not a great start to the playoffs for Corey Crawford.
Apr 17, 2015, 10:46 PM EDT
Johnny Boychuk admits Isles let one slip away.
Apr 17, 2015, 10:12 PM EDT
Ottawa will need magic at home.
Apr 17, 2015, 9:53 PM EDT
Quite a comeback win for Washington.
Apr 17, 2015, 9:25 PM EDT
He blew the Islanders’ minds on this one.
Apr 17, 2015, 8:37 PM EDT
Updated with P.K. Subban’s booming goal.
Apr 17, 2015, 8:02 PM EDT
Awesome countered by awesomeness.
Apr 17, 2015, 7:02 PM EDT
He seemed tentative in warm-ups …
Apr 17, 2015, 6:39 PM EDT
Apr 17, 2015, 6:28 PM EDT
No pressure, kid.
Apr 17, 2015, 5:55 PM EDT
Game 2’s galore.
Apr 17, 2015, 5:07 PM EDT
“It seems when we lose a game everyone’s really focused to get back on the winning track.”
Apr 17, 2015, 4:05 PM EDT
Mike Fisher looks like he’s unable to go.
Apr 17, 2015, 3:11 PM EDT
After racking up 78 points in 69 games.
Apr 17, 2015, 2:35 PM EDT
He’s no Eric Lindros.
Apr 17, 2015, 1:52 PM EDT
Montreal could be without two of its better offensive forwards.
Apr 17, 2015, 1:47 PM EDT
“We just didn’t get the bounces tonight. “
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession 17
- Video: Controversial Kane goal has Laviolette fuming 12
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 6
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 2
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 36
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 45
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38