Dec 17, 2012, 12:23 PM EDT
In yet another lockout non-update update, there are no talks scheduled between the NHL and NHLPA.
NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly was vague when reached for comment by TSN/ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun.
“We will continue to explore options for moving the process forward and we hope the Players’ Association is doing the same,” Daly said. “Time is obviously getting short.”
About that last part, the general consensus is that a season must start by mid-January. So while time is indeed getting short, it’s not quite out yet. Whether the union’s move towards dissolution (and the league’s legal response) will push the two sides together or obliterate the NHL as we know it, we’ll have to wait and see.
- ‘We’re going into the cage,’ says Kings’ coach Sutter about Game 5 0
- Kings stave off elimination, force Game 5 against Sharks 21
- Wild hold off late Avalanche push to even series at 2-2 53
- Bruins scratch out OT win, push Red Wings to brink 42
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at L.A. Kings 0
- WATCH LIVE: Colorado Avalanche at Minnesota Wild (Game 4) 5
- Monster of a surprise: Red Wings start Gustavsson over Howard 5
- WATCH LIVE: Boston Bruins at Detroit Red Wings (Game 4) 2
- Bylsma rips Penguins, calls effort level ‘troubling’ 64
- Cooke: I didn’t intend to collide knee-on-knee with Barrie 99
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Wild’s Cooke offered in-person hearing for knee-on-knee collision with Barrie (111)