Dec 17, 2012, 3:06 PM EDT
Former New York Rangers teammates Nick Kypreos and Adam Graves will once again work together, this time as coaches for the annual Greater Toronto Hockey League Top Prospects Game, to be played on Jan. 8.
The GTHL is the largest minor hockey league in the world, boasting over 40,000 registered participants from the ages of four to 20.
The league was founded in 1911 and has produced a number of NHLers — current players include John Tavares, Jeff Skinner, PK Subban, Mike Cammalleri, Rich Nash, Tyler Seguin, Dave Bolland, Ray Emery, Sam Gagner and Jason Spezza.
The annual prospects game features the 40 top minor midget-aged players in the league and, in addition to Kypreos and Graves, ex-Detroit Red Wing Kris Draper and former Columbus GM and coach Doug MacLean will also be behind the benches.
Last year’s GTHL prospects game featured Connor McDavid, the 15-year-old phenom that was granted “exceptional player” status to be eligible for the 2012 OHL Draft — where he was selected first overall.
McDavid has since gone on to dominate with the Erie Otters, scoring 40 points through 35 games this year.
Apr 24, 2015, 8:59 PM EDT
That tied Game 5 between Pittsburgh and the Rangers at 1-1.
Apr 24, 2015, 8:30 PM EDT
Pittsburgh and Ottawa need to win to survive.
Apr 24, 2015, 8:25 PM EDT
He won’t return tonight.
Apr 24, 2015, 7:47 PM EDT
is that the start of a breakout for him?
Apr 24, 2015, 7:13 PM EDT
He had a strong season offensively.
Apr 24, 2015, 6:38 PM EDT
The Canadiens goaltender looks like the heavy favorite.
Apr 24, 2015, 5:28 PM EDT
His departure in Game 4 was cited as a turning point.
Apr 24, 2015, 4:16 PM EDT
“Lots of possibilities have been thrown out about an arena for the last decade and none of them have materialized.”
Apr 24, 2015, 3:40 PM EDT
After allowing four goals in a Game 5 loss to Nashville.
Apr 24, 2015, 3:17 PM EDT
“In this business, you can’t be afraid to make trades.”
Apr 24, 2015, 2:48 PM EDT
Much like he did at the end of last year.
Apr 24, 2015, 2:20 PM EDT
Game 6 goes tomorrow in Chicago.
Apr 24, 2015, 2:10 PM EDT
Currently coaching Ottawa’s AHL affiliate in Binghamton.
Apr 24, 2015, 1:57 PM EDT
Commish liked the chant to calling goalies “sieves”.
Apr 24, 2015, 1:43 PM EDT
Apparently, according to a report out of Austria.
Apr 24, 2015, 1:23 PM EDT
So no Derrick Pouliot, and no Beau Bennett.
Apr 24, 2015, 12:56 PM EDT
Ottawa trails three games to one, but is coming off a big win.
Apr 24, 2015, 11:55 AM EDT
Sharks reportedly have permission to speak with the former coach of the Leafs and Ducks.
Apr 24, 2015, 11:49 AM EDT
Jets d-man will undergo surgery.
Apr 24, 2015, 11:19 AM EDT
Currently playing with AHL Texas.
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 2
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 6
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 17
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 28
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Stayin’ Alive: Canucks stage comeback of their own, send series back to Calgary 5
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 76
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 3
- Report: Chiarelli to join Oilers’ front office 31
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (88)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)