Dec 17, 2012, 3:06 PM EDT
Former New York Rangers teammates Nick Kypreos and Adam Graves will once again work together, this time as coaches for the annual Greater Toronto Hockey League Top Prospects Game, to be played on Jan. 8.
The GTHL is the largest minor hockey league in the world, boasting over 40,000 registered participants from the ages of four to 20.
The league was founded in 1911 and has produced a number of NHLers — current players include John Tavares, Jeff Skinner, PK Subban, Mike Cammalleri, Rich Nash, Tyler Seguin, Dave Bolland, Ray Emery, Sam Gagner and Jason Spezza.
The annual prospects game features the 40 top minor midget-aged players in the league and, in addition to Kypreos and Graves, ex-Detroit Red Wing Kris Draper and former Columbus GM and coach Doug MacLean will also be behind the benches.
Last year’s GTHL prospects game featured Connor McDavid, the 15-year-old phenom that was granted “exceptional player” status to be eligible for the 2012 OHL Draft — where he was selected first overall.
McDavid has since gone on to dominate with the Erie Otters, scoring 40 points through 35 games this year.
- Video: Kings denied a goal after quick whistle 16
- Tweet from L.A. Kings Twitter account stirs controversy 20
- Discuss: Sharks take Game 4, even semifinal series against Kings 10
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead 57
- Video: Callahan gets away with high-sticking Chara 23
- Playoffs Tonight: Kings look for ‘killer instinct’ against Sharks 10
- Brother says Patrick Roy will be Avs’ head coach 21
- Video: Controversy colors Blackhawks goal, disallowed score 56
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago 88
- Video: Viktor Stalberg returns after head-first sprawl into boards 2
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (88)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- Penner blasts refs for having ‘gall to guess’ on goalie interference call (64)
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PBT: Nick Gilbert again Cavs' good luck charm
- PBT: Grizzlies figuring out Spurs after Game 2
- PBT: Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole
- PFT: Jim Harbaugh to drive Indy 500 pace car