Dec 17, 2012, 2:04 PM EDT
This summer, Bobby Butler signed a two-way deal with New Jersey in the hopes of reviving his NHL career.
This past week, he made strides in achieving that goal.
Butler was named the AHL’s Player of the Week on Monday after scoring 6G-1A-7PTS in three games for the Albany Devils, New Jersey’s minor league affiliate.
Most of his production occurred last Wednesday in a 6-3 win over Wilkes-Barre/Scranton. Butler tied two Albany franchise records — goals (four) and points (five) in a single game — scoring once in the first period, twice in the second period and then once more in the third.
For good measure, Butler also scored the game winning goal against the Penguins — shorthanded, no less.
The former AHL All-Star Game MVP has registered 10G-5A-15PTS in 22 contests for the Devils, leading the team in goals, power-play goals (three) and game-winning goals (three).
Butler spent last season in Ottawa but, this past summer, was put on waivers and eventually bought out by the club. New Jersey signed him to a one-year, $525,000 deal in August.
May 22, 2013, 11:40 PM EDT
Trent Whitfield has now been on the wrong end of history twice.
May 22, 2013, 10:59 PM EDT
John Tortorella would be proud.
May 22, 2013, 10:42 PM EDT
The Penguins “have too much depth.”
May 22, 2013, 10:15 PM EDT
Ottawa’s strong first period was wasted.
May 22, 2013, 9:02 PM EDT
He’s been reaching out to agents and players.
May 22, 2013, 8:20 PM EDT
Mike Halford and Jason Brough tackle that question.
May 22, 2013, 7:58 PM EDT
He also wants to express his gratitude to the Vancouver Canucks.
May 22, 2013, 7:17 PM EDT
Beau Bennett and Jussi Jokinen have been inserted into the lineup.
May 22, 2013, 7:04 PM EDT
Two swift playoff exits sunk the Canucks’ coach.
May 22, 2013, 6:16 PM EDT
His career has gone downhill since being part of the Hodgson trade.
May 22, 2013, 5:53 PM EDT
Vancouver’s Alain Vigneault joins the fray.
May 22, 2013, 5:18 PM EDT
“As long as they keep winning here, that just gives me a better chance for a return with every win.”
May 22, 2013, 4:20 PM EDT
“Will we look at them? Absolutely.”
May 22, 2013, 3:50 PM EDT
Pittsburgh’s power play is just 1-for-12 in its past two games.
May 22, 2013, 3:48 PM EDT
Vancouver cleans house.
May 22, 2013, 3:31 PM EDT
Decent goaltending depth in Anaheim at the moment.
May 22, 2013, 2:47 PM EDT
Click to read two good reasons.
May 22, 2013, 2:42 PM EDT
This should make the Keith Ballard buyout easier to stomach.
May 22, 2013, 2:07 PM EDT
Go have your say.
May 22, 2013, 1:55 PM EDT
He’s expected to be a top-5 pick at the 2013 NHL Entry Draft.
- Sens’ Alfredsson: We probably won’t win this series 7
- Discuss: Penguins overwhelm Senators to take Game 4 30
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting 46
- Gillis: Vigneault fired because results weren’t there 17
- Official: Canucks fire head coach Vigneault, assistants Bowness and Brown 31
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? 94
- Playoffs Tonight: Senators confident they can beat Penguins 38
- Video: Kings denied a goal after quick whistle 29
- Tweet from L.A. Kings Twitter account stirs controversy 62
- Discuss: Sharks take Game 4, even semifinal series against Kings 15
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (94)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (92)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Penner blasts refs for having ‘gall to guess’ on goalie interference call (64)
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games