Dec 17, 2012, 2:04 PM EST
This summer, Bobby Butler signed a two-way deal with New Jersey in the hopes of reviving his NHL career.
This past week, he made strides in achieving that goal.
Butler was named the AHL’s Player of the Week on Monday after scoring 6G-1A-7PTS in three games for the Albany Devils, New Jersey’s minor league affiliate.
Most of his production occurred last Wednesday in a 6-3 win over Wilkes-Barre/Scranton. Butler tied two Albany franchise records — goals (four) and points (five) in a single game — scoring once in the first period, twice in the second period and then once more in the third.
For good measure, Butler also scored the game winning goal against the Penguins — shorthanded, no less.
The former AHL All-Star Game MVP has registered 10G-5A-15PTS in 22 contests for the Devils, leading the team in goals, power-play goals (three) and game-winning goals (three).
Butler spent last season in Ottawa but, this past summer, was put on waivers and eventually bought out by the club. New Jersey signed him to a one-year, $525,000 deal in August.
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 54
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 3
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 11
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 86
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 83
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 68
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 172
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (172)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (86)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (83)
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ (78)