Dec 17, 2012, 2:04 PM EST
This summer, Bobby Butler signed a two-way deal with New Jersey in the hopes of reviving his NHL career.
This past week, he made strides in achieving that goal.
Butler was named the AHL’s Player of the Week on Monday after scoring 6G-1A-7PTS in three games for the Albany Devils, New Jersey’s minor league affiliate.
Most of his production occurred last Wednesday in a 6-3 win over Wilkes-Barre/Scranton. Butler tied two Albany franchise records — goals (four) and points (five) in a single game — scoring once in the first period, twice in the second period and then once more in the third.
For good measure, Butler also scored the game winning goal against the Penguins — shorthanded, no less.
The former AHL All-Star Game MVP has registered 10G-5A-15PTS in 22 contests for the Devils, leading the team in goals, power-play goals (three) and game-winning goals (three).
Butler spent last season in Ottawa but, this past summer, was put on waivers and eventually bought out by the club. New Jersey signed him to a one-year, $525,000 deal in August.
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 35
- Mike Richards clears waivers 31
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 55
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 33
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)