Dec 17, 2012, 2:04 PM EDT
This summer, Bobby Butler signed a two-way deal with New Jersey in the hopes of reviving his NHL career.
This past week, he made strides in achieving that goal.
Butler was named the AHL’s Player of the Week on Monday after scoring 6G-1A-7PTS in three games for the Albany Devils, New Jersey’s minor league affiliate.
Most of his production occurred last Wednesday in a 6-3 win over Wilkes-Barre/Scranton. Butler tied two Albany franchise records — goals (four) and points (five) in a single game — scoring once in the first period, twice in the second period and then once more in the third.
For good measure, Butler also scored the game winning goal against the Penguins — shorthanded, no less.
The former AHL All-Star Game MVP has registered 10G-5A-15PTS in 22 contests for the Devils, leading the team in goals, power-play goals (three) and game-winning goals (three).
Butler spent last season in Ottawa but, this past summer, was put on waivers and eventually bought out by the club. New Jersey signed him to a one-year, $525,000 deal in August.
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 3
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 26
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 42
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)