Dec 17, 2012, 2:04 PM EDT
This summer, Bobby Butler signed a two-way deal with New Jersey in the hopes of reviving his NHL career.
This past week, he made strides in achieving that goal.
Butler was named the AHL’s Player of the Week on Monday after scoring 6G-1A-7PTS in three games for the Albany Devils, New Jersey’s minor league affiliate.
Most of his production occurred last Wednesday in a 6-3 win over Wilkes-Barre/Scranton. Butler tied two Albany franchise records — goals (four) and points (five) in a single game — scoring once in the first period, twice in the second period and then once more in the third.
For good measure, Butler also scored the game winning goal against the Penguins — shorthanded, no less.
The former AHL All-Star Game MVP has registered 10G-5A-15PTS in 22 contests for the Devils, leading the team in goals, power-play goals (three) and game-winning goals (three).
Butler spent last season in Ottawa but, this past summer, was put on waivers and eventually bought out by the club. New Jersey signed him to a one-year, $525,000 deal in August.
- Penner blasts refs for having ‘gall to guess’ on goalie interference call 2
- Discuss: Sharks win in OT, draw series to 2-1 10
- NHL fines Sharks $100K for Torres suspension critique 40
- Toews has beef with officiating after Game 2 loss 41
- Discuss: Red Wings even up series, take down Chicago 4-1 25
- No surgery needed for Eric Staal following injury at Worlds 3
- Playoffs tonight: Detroit and San Jose look to change things up 3
- Bruins’ Hamilton: ‘I don’t feel like a rookie anymore’ 26
- Penguins’ Murray: ‘We need to be better’ 8
- Senators’ coach MacLean: Karlsson ‘wasn’t one of the best players’ 4
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (93)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Capitals discuss ‘lopsided’ penalty calls (82)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (79)
- Oxbow upsets Orb in Preakness
- PBT Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- PHT: Couture strikes in OT, lifting Sharks in Game 3
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- Play Video: Highlights: Sharks take critical Game 3 in OT
- Play Video: Stuart lands huge hit on Williams
- Play Video: Toffoli gets Kings on the board
- Play Video: Sharks take advantage of early penalty
- Play Video: Highlights: Red Wings even series, thump Blackhawks
- Play Video: Filppula scores impressive, unbalanced goal