Dec 16, 2012, 6:52 PM EDT
For the third straight day, the NHL and NHLPA haven’t spoken at all, RDS’ Renaud P. Lavoie reports.
It really comes as no surprise when you consider the events of this weekend.
The league filed a class action complaint on Friday in hopes of curbing the NHLPA’s likely move to de-certify. (As also expected, the union began the five-day voting process on Sunday to determine if they’ll file that disclaimer of interest.)
While the two sides continue this game of CBA chicken, onlookers can enjoy digesting the legal details and hearing about players getting “locked out” of team-owned restaurants. Good times.
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 5
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 9
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 12
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 5
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Spooner scores, but coach Julien’s not happy (23)