Dec 16, 2012, 6:52 PM EDT
For the third straight day, the NHL and NHLPA haven’t spoken at all, RDS’ Renaud P. Lavoie reports.
It really comes as no surprise when you consider the events of this weekend.
The league filed a class action complaint on Friday in hopes of curbing the NHLPA’s likely move to de-certify. (As also expected, the union began the five-day voting process on Sunday to determine if they’ll file that disclaimer of interest.)
While the two sides continue this game of CBA chicken, onlookers can enjoy digesting the legal details and hearing about players getting “locked out” of team-owned restaurants. Good times.
- Drouin out 3-4 weeks with fractured thumb 3
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 6
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 9
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 35
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)