Dec 16, 2012, 2:46 PM EST
Many Canadiens fans were worried about how their 2012 first-round pick Alex Galchenyuk would rebound from a knee injury he suffered last season. Safe to say he’s doing just fine now.
Through 33 games with the OHL’s Sarnia Sting, Galchenyuk has 27 goals and 61 points. His goal mark is good enough to tie him for first with Stars prospect Brett Ritchie and Jackets prospect Boone Jenner. His point total puts him one behind Islanders prospect Ryan Strome.
What’s more amazing is that in his last 17 games he’s got 19 goals and 40 points and with Team USA’s World Junior Championships camp opening up tonight in Tarrytown, NY he’s getting into high gear at the right time.
Over the summer at the Team USA camp in Lake Placid, Galchenyuk was busy working himself back into form after his injury last season. Now that he’s fully healthy and with the kinds of numbers he’s putting up (eight points in his last two games, five against Kingston alone), Montreal and America couldn’t be more excited.
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 19
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 23
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 13
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (64)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (42)