Dec 16, 2012, 2:46 PM EST
Many Canadiens fans were worried about how their 2012 first-round pick Alex Galchenyuk would rebound from a knee injury he suffered last season. Safe to say he’s doing just fine now.
Through 33 games with the OHL’s Sarnia Sting, Galchenyuk has 27 goals and 61 points. His goal mark is good enough to tie him for first with Stars prospect Brett Ritchie and Jackets prospect Boone Jenner. His point total puts him one behind Islanders prospect Ryan Strome.
What’s more amazing is that in his last 17 games he’s got 19 goals and 40 points and with Team USA’s World Junior Championships camp opening up tonight in Tarrytown, NY he’s getting into high gear at the right time.
Over the summer at the Team USA camp in Lake Placid, Galchenyuk was busy working himself back into form after his injury last season. Now that he’s fully healthy and with the kinds of numbers he’s putting up (eight points in his last two games, five against Kingston alone), Montreal and America couldn’t be more excited.
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 0
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 3
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 11
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 19
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)