Dec 16, 2012, 2:46 PM EDT
Many Canadiens fans were worried about how their 2012 first-round pick Alex Galchenyuk would rebound from a knee injury he suffered last season. Safe to say he’s doing just fine now.
Through 33 games with the OHL’s Sarnia Sting, Galchenyuk has 27 goals and 61 points. His goal mark is good enough to tie him for first with Stars prospect Brett Ritchie and Jackets prospect Boone Jenner. His point total puts him one behind Islanders prospect Ryan Strome.
What’s more amazing is that in his last 17 games he’s got 19 goals and 40 points and with Team USA’s World Junior Championships camp opening up tonight in Tarrytown, NY he’s getting into high gear at the right time.
Over the summer at the Team USA camp in Lake Placid, Galchenyuk was busy working himself back into form after his injury last season. Now that he’s fully healthy and with the kinds of numbers he’s putting up (eight points in his last two games, five against Kingston alone), Montreal and America couldn’t be more excited.
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 12
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 13
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)