Dec 16, 2012, 1:09 PM EST
Zdeno Chara is through with the emotional ride the lockout is taking him on.
Joe Haggerty of CSNNE.com spoke with the Bruins captain about how he’s faring abroad during the work stoppage and when asked about what he makes of the current situation, he said he can’t wait for things to get figured out.
“It’s at a point where I’m not getting frustrated or excited anymore. I’m just waiting for a final decision,” said a matter of fact Chara. “Every time I got excited, the next day I got frustrated when [talks] were moved back. The same thing the other way when you got different news. You stay positive and you get some good news. Then…boom…two days later you’d get bad news.
“It’s a roller coaster of emotions where you have ups and downs. I find myself in a position where I want to stay neutral and see whether it’s going to get done or not.”
Safe to say the mindset he’s in is similar to what many fans, media, and other players are having right now when it comes to this whole mess. As it is, Chara is keeping busy himself playing for HC Lev Praha in the KHL, but it’s clear he’d rather be back in Boston intimidating NHL opponents instead.
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 0
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 48
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 22
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)