Dec 16, 2012, 1:09 PM EDT
Zdeno Chara is through with the emotional ride the lockout is taking him on.
Joe Haggerty of CSNNE.com spoke with the Bruins captain about how he’s faring abroad during the work stoppage and when asked about what he makes of the current situation, he said he can’t wait for things to get figured out.
“It’s at a point where I’m not getting frustrated or excited anymore. I’m just waiting for a final decision,” said a matter of fact Chara. “Every time I got excited, the next day I got frustrated when [talks] were moved back. The same thing the other way when you got different news. You stay positive and you get some good news. Then…boom…two days later you’d get bad news.
“It’s a roller coaster of emotions where you have ups and downs. I find myself in a position where I want to stay neutral and see whether it’s going to get done or not.”
Safe to say the mindset he’s in is similar to what many fans, media, and other players are having right now when it comes to this whole mess. As it is, Chara is keeping busy himself playing for HC Lev Praha in the KHL, but it’s clear he’d rather be back in Boston intimidating NHL opponents instead.
- Discuss: Bruins finish off Rangers in Game 5 17
- Brassard says Marchand ‘doesn’t show any respect for his opponents’ 67
- Playoffs tonight: Bruins and Red Wings look to finish things in Game 5 7
- Video: Senators’ captain Alfredsson discusses his future 11
- Penguins put on a ‘clinic’ in semifinal series win over Senators 33
- Report: NHL to present Glendale with Coyotes ownership plan next week 16
- Discuss: Penguins knock off the Senators in Game 5, headed to conference final 74
- Video: Morrow’s goal off the foot stands after review 6
- Maloney signs long-term contract as Coyotes GM 7
- Playoffs Tonight: Penguins aim to finish off Senators 20
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (114)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win (87)
- LIVE: Bruins-Rangers, Game 5
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona