Dec 16, 2012, 1:09 PM EDT
Zdeno Chara is through with the emotional ride the lockout is taking him on.
Joe Haggerty of CSNNE.com spoke with the Bruins captain about how he’s faring abroad during the work stoppage and when asked about what he makes of the current situation, he said he can’t wait for things to get figured out.
“It’s at a point where I’m not getting frustrated or excited anymore. I’m just waiting for a final decision,” said a matter of fact Chara. “Every time I got excited, the next day I got frustrated when [talks] were moved back. The same thing the other way when you got different news. You stay positive and you get some good news. Then…boom…two days later you’d get bad news.
“It’s a roller coaster of emotions where you have ups and downs. I find myself in a position where I want to stay neutral and see whether it’s going to get done or not.”
Safe to say the mindset he’s in is similar to what many fans, media, and other players are having right now when it comes to this whole mess. As it is, Chara is keeping busy himself playing for HC Lev Praha in the KHL, but it’s clear he’d rather be back in Boston intimidating NHL opponents instead.
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 12
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 13
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)