Dec 16, 2012, 1:09 PM EDT
Zdeno Chara is through with the emotional ride the lockout is taking him on.
Joe Haggerty of CSNNE.com spoke with the Bruins captain about how he’s faring abroad during the work stoppage and when asked about what he makes of the current situation, he said he can’t wait for things to get figured out.
“It’s at a point where I’m not getting frustrated or excited anymore. I’m just waiting for a final decision,” said a matter of fact Chara. “Every time I got excited, the next day I got frustrated when [talks] were moved back. The same thing the other way when you got different news. You stay positive and you get some good news. Then…boom…two days later you’d get bad news.
“It’s a roller coaster of emotions where you have ups and downs. I find myself in a position where I want to stay neutral and see whether it’s going to get done or not.”
Safe to say the mindset he’s in is similar to what many fans, media, and other players are having right now when it comes to this whole mess. As it is, Chara is keeping busy himself playing for HC Lev Praha in the KHL, but it’s clear he’d rather be back in Boston intimidating NHL opponents instead.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)