Dec 16, 2012, 1:09 PM EDT
Zdeno Chara is through with the emotional ride the lockout is taking him on.
Joe Haggerty of CSNNE.com spoke with the Bruins captain about how he’s faring abroad during the work stoppage and when asked about what he makes of the current situation, he said he can’t wait for things to get figured out.
“It’s at a point where I’m not getting frustrated or excited anymore. I’m just waiting for a final decision,” said a matter of fact Chara. “Every time I got excited, the next day I got frustrated when [talks] were moved back. The same thing the other way when you got different news. You stay positive and you get some good news. Then…boom…two days later you’d get bad news.
“It’s a roller coaster of emotions where you have ups and downs. I find myself in a position where I want to stay neutral and see whether it’s going to get done or not.”
Safe to say the mindset he’s in is similar to what many fans, media, and other players are having right now when it comes to this whole mess. As it is, Chara is keeping busy himself playing for HC Lev Praha in the KHL, but it’s clear he’d rather be back in Boston intimidating NHL opponents instead.
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 16
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 10
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 30
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 32
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)