Dec 16, 2012, 11:30 AM EDT
Cam Barker’s time with the AHL Texas Stars is at an end.
The Dallas Stars’ minor league affiliate has cut the former third overall pick loose from his professional tryout contract. Barker had signed a 25-game agreement with the Stars and the team opted to sever ties with him after that time was up.
In his time with Texas, Barker played in 23 games and put up eight points (3 goals, 5 assists). With the number of defensive prospects the Stars were working into their lineup (Brenden Dillon, Jamie Oleksiak, Jordie Benn), Barker wound up being a healthy scratch on at least one occasion.
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 20
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17