Dec 16, 2012, 11:30 AM EST
Cam Barker’s time with the AHL Texas Stars is at an end.
The Dallas Stars’ minor league affiliate has cut the former third overall pick loose from his professional tryout contract. Barker had signed a 25-game agreement with the Stars and the team opted to sever ties with him after that time was up.
In his time with Texas, Barker played in 23 games and put up eight points (3 goals, 5 assists). With the number of defensive prospects the Stars were working into their lineup (Brenden Dillon, Jamie Oleksiak, Jordie Benn), Barker wound up being a healthy scratch on at least one occasion.
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 2
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 2
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 1
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (46)