Dec 16, 2012, 11:30 AM EDT
Cam Barker’s time with the AHL Texas Stars is at an end.
The Dallas Stars’ minor league affiliate has cut the former third overall pick loose from his professional tryout contract. Barker had signed a 25-game agreement with the Stars and the team opted to sever ties with him after that time was up.
In his time with Texas, Barker played in 23 games and put up eight points (3 goals, 5 assists). With the number of defensive prospects the Stars were working into their lineup (Brenden Dillon, Jamie Oleksiak, Jordie Benn), Barker wound up being a healthy scratch on at least one occasion.
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 21
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 4
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 26
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 20
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 20
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 10
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 32
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)