Dec 16, 2012, 11:30 AM EST
Cam Barker’s time with the AHL Texas Stars is at an end.
The Dallas Stars’ minor league affiliate has cut the former third overall pick loose from his professional tryout contract. Barker had signed a 25-game agreement with the Stars and the team opted to sever ties with him after that time was up.
In his time with Texas, Barker played in 23 games and put up eight points (3 goals, 5 assists). With the number of defensive prospects the Stars were working into their lineup (Brenden Dillon, Jamie Oleksiak, Jordie Benn), Barker wound up being a healthy scratch on at least one occasion.
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 3
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 23
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 35
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 63
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 45
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 15
- Trade: Montreal acquires Petry from Edmonton for two draft picks 21
- Bruins acquire Connolly from the Lightning for draft picks (Confirmed) 32
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 69
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (161)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)