Dec 16, 2012, 11:30 AM EDT
Cam Barker’s time with the AHL Texas Stars is at an end.
The Dallas Stars’ minor league affiliate has cut the former third overall pick loose from his professional tryout contract. Barker had signed a 25-game agreement with the Stars and the team opted to sever ties with him after that time was up.
In his time with Texas, Barker played in 23 games and put up eight points (3 goals, 5 assists). With the number of defensive prospects the Stars were working into their lineup (Brenden Dillon, Jamie Oleksiak, Jordie Benn), Barker wound up being a healthy scratch on at least one occasion.
- Kings’ Dustin Brown: ‘We got our [expletives] kicked’ 10
- Feeding frenzy: Sharks devour Kings to take 2-0 series lead 20
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 24
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 41
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 66
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 91
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 26
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (150)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (103)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)