Dec 15, 2012, 1:00 PM EDT
When last season ended for Sean Avery, it came rather quickly after being banished to the AHL by the New York Rangers. Now that he’s in quasi-retirement, he seems to have transitioned quickly to his new career as an… Ad executive? You bet.
Stuart Elliott of The New York Times reports on Avery’s leap into the luxurious world of Madison Avenue where he’s working with the Lipman agency. For Avery, going from the routine of being a professional hockey player to that of a man helping to build brands has created quite the change.
“For 15 years I had the same day,” he recalled. “I would wake up, eat, practice, work out, eat and sleep, then I would go and play. So now, an eight- or nine-hour day in the office, I can’t do it.”
That won’t earn a lot of sympathy from anyone working a regular job, that’s for sure, but the compliments being served up to Avery from those in his new industry (“lover of business” “he’s a connector” “lover of luxury market”) would make you wonder if this is the same guy who tortured opponents on the ice during his 10-year career.
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 0
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 10
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 64
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 7
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 48
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 39
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 15
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 98
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)