Dec 15, 2012, 4:50 PM EDT
It won’t come as too much of a surprise, but the owners and players aren’t feeling too chatty with each other.
John Shannon of Sportsnet reports the two sides aren’t likely to be in communication this weekend. After the NHL filed a class action complaint against the players’ union late on Friday afternoon, this development isn’t shocking.
The two sides spent last week working with federal mediation only to see things go unresolved. Meanwhile, the NHL has canceled games through December 30 and with the Christmas holiday coming up in 10 days, the clock continues to tick down. Meanwhile, the players will begin voting tomorrow to decide if they’re going to file a disclaimer of interest.
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 1
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 25
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 41
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6