Dec 15, 2012, 4:50 PM EDT
It won’t come as too much of a surprise, but the owners and players aren’t feeling too chatty with each other.
John Shannon of Sportsnet reports the two sides aren’t likely to be in communication this weekend. After the NHL filed a class action complaint against the players’ union late on Friday afternoon, this development isn’t shocking.
The two sides spent last week working with federal mediation only to see things go unresolved. Meanwhile, the NHL has canceled games through December 30 and with the Christmas holiday coming up in 10 days, the clock continues to tick down. Meanwhile, the players will begin voting tomorrow to decide if they’re going to file a disclaimer of interest.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 16
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 69
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)