Dec 15, 2012, 4:50 PM EST
It won’t come as too much of a surprise, but the owners and players aren’t feeling too chatty with each other.
John Shannon of Sportsnet reports the two sides aren’t likely to be in communication this weekend. After the NHL filed a class action complaint against the players’ union late on Friday afternoon, this development isn’t shocking.
The two sides spent last week working with federal mediation only to see things go unresolved. Meanwhile, the NHL has canceled games through December 30 and with the Christmas holiday coming up in 10 days, the clock continues to tick down. Meanwhile, the players will begin voting tomorrow to decide if they’re going to file a disclaimer of interest.
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 0
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 3
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 17
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 4
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11