Dec 15, 2012, 4:50 PM EDT
It won’t come as too much of a surprise, but the owners and players aren’t feeling too chatty with each other.
John Shannon of Sportsnet reports the two sides aren’t likely to be in communication this weekend. After the NHL filed a class action complaint against the players’ union late on Friday afternoon, this development isn’t shocking.
The two sides spent last week working with federal mediation only to see things go unresolved. Meanwhile, the NHL has canceled games through December 30 and with the Christmas holiday coming up in 10 days, the clock continues to tick down. Meanwhile, the players will begin voting tomorrow to decide if they’re going to file a disclaimer of interest.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 27
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 76
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 48
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (77)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)