Dec 15, 2012, 9:13 PM EDT
His main reason is that his wife is expecting to have a baby in the near future, but his comments certainly indicated that he’s also highly frustrated with the process.
“I’m done,” Malhotra said.
“I think you run the whole gamut of emotions throughout these talks … You get frustrated, you get angry, you get bitter, there are obviously highs when you feel like we’re really close to a deal and the lows of having those negotiations break off. You run through everything.”
The well-respected Vancouver Canucks forward estimates that he’s made 10 cross-country trips trying to help get a deal done, going as far as to say that he’s traveled for CBA negotiations more than he would have if he was participating in a normal hockey season.
Malhotra’s take on the way the NHL reacted to the players’ last offer really underscores his frustration.
“As far as we have come with that last proposal and to have them reject it outright and call everything off, I think that pissed a lot of guys off again similar to the first deal they offered,” Malhotra said. “It made us that much more unified and strong.”
They’ll need to prove that without Malhotra in the room going forward, though.
(H/T to Rotoworld)
Malhotra weighs in on the lockout:
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 13
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 3
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 22
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 11
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 39
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 15
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 96
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 18
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)