Dec 15, 2012, 7:45 PM EDT
New Jersey Devils prospect Matthew Corrente underwent shoulder surgery on Friday that’s likely to end his season in the AHL, Tom Gulitti of the Bergen Record reports.
The 30th pick of the 2006 NHL Draft suffered an injury last Sunday playing for the Albany Devils in a game against the Connecticut Whale.
As Gulitti points out, Corrente is no stranger to health woes.
He was limited to 39 games – all in the AHL – last season and played in just 25 in 2010-11 (including three with the big club).
Overall, he’s appeared in only 34 contests at the NHL level, recording zero goals and six assists.
On the bright side, he managed to stick around New Jersey long enough for Getty photos to snap this nifty, bloodied shot of him from Sept. 30, 2010:
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 0
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 39
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 102
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 88
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 19
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (102)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (88)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)