Dec 14, 2012, 12:48 PM EST
Dallas Stars defenseman Stephane Robidas recently returned from a 15-game stint with HIFK Helsinki of the Finnish league, where his most memorable experience came off the ice — rather than on it.
Robidas only had five points and a ghastly minus-11 rating with HIFK and admitted his play “wasn’t as good as I would have hoped.”
On the flip side, he really liked eating reindeer.
Here’s more, from Mike Heika of the Dallas Morning News:
Q: Did you enjoy any of the Finnish traditions?
Robidas: They have great food there, so I ate a lot of the local food. I had reindeer, and it was unbelievable. They serve it with cranberry sauce, and it was so tender.
Honestly, every meal I had there was good. Lots of soups, lots of creams, lots of sauces. It was excellent.
“Yeah, you know me…I love the creams.”
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 2
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (75)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)