Dec 14, 2012, 12:48 PM EDT
Dallas Stars defenseman Stephane Robidas recently returned from a 15-game stint with HIFK Helsinki of the Finnish league, where his most memorable experience came off the ice — rather than on it.
Robidas only had five points and a ghastly minus-11 rating with HIFK and admitted his play “wasn’t as good as I would have hoped.”
On the flip side, he really liked eating reindeer.
Here’s more, from Mike Heika of the Dallas Morning News:
Q: Did you enjoy any of the Finnish traditions?
Robidas: They have great food there, so I ate a lot of the local food. I had reindeer, and it was unbelievable. They serve it with cranberry sauce, and it was so tender.
Honestly, every meal I had there was good. Lots of soups, lots of creams, lots of sauces. It was excellent.
“Yeah, you know me…I love the creams.”
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 12
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 18
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 7
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 28
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 78
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 52
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)