Dec 14, 2012, 12:48 PM EDT
Dallas Stars defenseman Stephane Robidas recently returned from a 15-game stint with HIFK Helsinki of the Finnish league, where his most memorable experience came off the ice — rather than on it.
Robidas only had five points and a ghastly minus-11 rating with HIFK and admitted his play “wasn’t as good as I would have hoped.”
On the flip side, he really liked eating reindeer.
Here’s more, from Mike Heika of the Dallas Morning News:
Q: Did you enjoy any of the Finnish traditions?
Robidas: They have great food there, so I ate a lot of the local food. I had reindeer, and it was unbelievable. They serve it with cranberry sauce, and it was so tender.
Honestly, every meal I had there was good. Lots of soups, lots of creams, lots of sauces. It was excellent.
“Yeah, you know me…I love the creams.”
- Lightning’s Vasilevskiy out 2-3 months after getting blood clot removed 5
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 24
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)