Dec 14, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
Tampa Bay Lightning star Steven Stamkos had high praise for hockey fans as he claimed that the NHLPA’s Dec. 19 charity game tickets were nearly sold out shortly after being put on sale on Dec. 13.
steven stamkos (@RealStamkos91) December 13, 2012
(It’s tough not to think of Gary Bettman’s own comments about hockey fans, even if Stamkos probably wasn’t aiming at that.)
Stamkos’ team will take on P.K. Subban‘s squad at the Mattamy Athletic Centre in Toronto at 7 p.m. ET that day.
Players are looking to contribute to the NHLPA Goals & Dreams fund, which strives to give children the chance to play hockey by making equipment and resources more easily available.
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 61
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 34
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 40
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63