Dec 14, 2012, 10:00 AM EST
Tampa Bay Lightning star Steven Stamkos had high praise for hockey fans as he claimed that the NHLPA’s Dec. 19 charity game tickets were nearly sold out shortly after being put on sale on Dec. 13.
steven stamkos (@RealStamkos91) December 13, 2012
(It’s tough not to think of Gary Bettman’s own comments about hockey fans, even if Stamkos probably wasn’t aiming at that.)
Stamkos’ team will take on P.K. Subban‘s squad at the Mattamy Athletic Centre in Toronto at 7 p.m. ET that day.
Players are looking to contribute to the NHLPA Goals & Dreams fund, which strives to give children the chance to play hockey by making equipment and resources more easily available.
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 3
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 17
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 4
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11
- Russia’s economic crisis causing big trouble for KHL 56