Dec 14, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
Tampa Bay Lightning star Steven Stamkos had high praise for hockey fans as he claimed that the NHLPA’s Dec. 19 charity game tickets were nearly sold out shortly after being put on sale on Dec. 13.
steven stamkos (@RealStamkos91) December 13, 2012
(It’s tough not to think of Gary Bettman’s own comments about hockey fans, even if Stamkos probably wasn’t aiming at that.)
Stamkos’ team will take on P.K. Subban‘s squad at the Mattamy Athletic Centre in Toronto at 7 p.m. ET that day.
Players are looking to contribute to the NHLPA Goals & Dreams fund, which strives to give children the chance to play hockey by making equipment and resources more easily available.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5