Dec 14, 2012, 5:20 PM EDT
Despite the recent meltdown in the CBA negotiations, the less than encouraging meetings with mediators that followed, and the NHLPA taking its first step towards potentially dissolving, there will be a 2012-13 season.
At least, Montreal Canadiens defenseman PK Subban thinks there will be. In fact, he guarantees it.
“At the end of the day,” Subban said on the Marek Vs. Wyshynski podcast. “I don’t think those are going to be deal-breakers. I think that we’re going to have a season based on the fact that we’re going to be able to negotiate something on those things. When? I don’t know. But I’d like to think that it’ll happen.”
Theoretically, contracting issues are the biggest thing still on the table, with the NHL seeking to cap the maximum length of contracts at five years, among other things. However, in reality, the sides might be further apart than that.
When talks collapsed last week, the NHL pulled its recent concessions off the table, including the Make Whole proposal. If the NHL holds that stance, then the two sides might not be close on dollar issues as well as contracting ones.
If you wish to hear more of Subban’s interview, you can do so below:
May 27, 2015, 2:40 PM EDT
Tomas Fleischmann likely on his way out.
May 27, 2015, 2:21 PM EDT
“We’re going to be embedded in this community.”
May 27, 2015, 1:46 PM EDT
“I get the fact there were three goals that went in that were ugly. That’s the growth of a young player.”
May 27, 2015, 1:09 PM EDT
Either way, Kimmo Timonen is likely out.
May 27, 2015, 12:39 PM EDT
Rangers forward has had issues with it thus far.
May 27, 2015, 12:32 PM EDT
Former Panthers and Devils coach will take over a team that missed the playoffs for the first time since 2003.
May 27, 2015, 12:13 PM EDT
Remember when AV called the youngster out?
May 27, 2015, 11:20 AM EDT
“Our door is open for the Capitals, absolutely first and foremost.”
May 27, 2015, 11:19 AM EDT
Veteran center enjoyed something of a career revival with the Oilers last season.
May 27, 2015, 10:33 AM EDT
Chicago fans are hoping that dream includes a Game 6 win.
May 27, 2015, 9:35 AM EDT
Give some credit to his linemates, including “energizer bunny” J.T. Miller.
May 27, 2015, 8:21 AM EDT
Wednesday’s collection of links.
May 27, 2015, 12:59 AM EDT
Almost completely shut the door through two periods.
May 27, 2015, 12:09 AM EDT
Game 7. Friday in New York.
May 26, 2015, 11:34 PM EDT
“Boy, that escalated quickly…”
May 26, 2015, 11:03 PM EDT
Ben Bishop pulled in the third period.
May 26, 2015, 10:29 PM EDT
Timonen is averaging under 10 minutes of ice time per game in playoffs.
May 26, 2015, 9:45 PM EDT
Hadn’t scored since April 4.
May 26, 2015, 9:16 PM EDT
New York scored to make it 2-0 soon after that.
May 26, 2015, 8:52 PM EDT
New York needs the win to force Game 7.
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 5
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 10
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 8
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 5
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 37
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 10
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)