Dec 14, 2012, 11:02 PM EDT
Dennis Veteri has been sentenced to 11 and a half to 23 months of house arrest for beating former Marine and off-duty officer Neal Auricchio Jr. following the 2012 Winter Classic, according to a Philadelphia Daily News report.
Veteri will also serve five years of probation following his house arrest.
“He’s a good man who had a bad day,” said defense attorney Michael DeFino. “He’s going to have to pay for this for the next seven years because his liberty is totally restricted.”
Veteri will still be allowed to go to work and attend drug and alcohol treatment classes. Otherwise, he’ll be confined to his house. He’ll also be moving to Philadelphia as a result of the sentence.
Auricchio reportedly suffered a concussion and additional injuries. He missed two months of work as a result.
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 3
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 23
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; Blues tie it up in waning moments 87
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 38
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 72
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 115
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 62
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7