Dec 14, 2012, 8:14 PM EDT
Locked-out NHLers in the KHL have excelled in the league and won over fans, as evidenced by the KHL’s announced starting goaltenders and lineups for the 2013 All-Star Game. The starters for Team West and Team East were determined by a fan ballot.
That leaves defenseman Alexander Ryazantsev as the lone member of Team West’s starting lineup that isn’t a locked-out NHLer.
Evgeny Kuznetsov will also be part of Team East after the Washington Capitals took him in the first round of the 2010 draft. However, Kuznetsov planned to play in the KHL this season regardless of the NHL’s CBA situation.
Malkin ended up with the most votes while Datsyuk topped the Team West selection. Ovechkin ranked third overall.
The full rosters for the 2013 All-Star Game haven’t been determined yet and the league’s all-star weekend is January 12-13. Obviously, if the NHL and union manage to come to a CBA agreement in the not too distant future, that will complicate the KHL’s plans.
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 20
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 42
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 18
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 60
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings (Game 3) 2
- Bettman says shootouts are staying, gives salary cap estimate 31
- Video: Yeo asked if Cooke told to ‘target’ Avs, does not like question 44
- On Matt Cooke and whether he’s a ‘repeat offender’ 58
- Marleau, O’Reilly and St. Louis named Lady Byng finalists 20
- Zuccarello: ‘I’m not a diver’ 50
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (127)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)