Dec 14, 2012, 8:14 PM EDT
Locked-out NHLers in the KHL have excelled in the league and won over fans, as evidenced by the KHL’s announced starting goaltenders and lineups for the 2013 All-Star Game. The starters for Team West and Team East were determined by a fan ballot.
That leaves defenseman Alexander Ryazantsev as the lone member of Team West’s starting lineup that isn’t a locked-out NHLer.
Evgeny Kuznetsov will also be part of Team East after the Washington Capitals took him in the first round of the 2010 draft. However, Kuznetsov planned to play in the KHL this season regardless of the NHL’s CBA situation.
Malkin ended up with the most votes while Datsyuk topped the Team West selection. Ovechkin ranked third overall.
The full rosters for the 2013 All-Star Game haven’t been determined yet and the league’s all-star weekend is January 12-13. Obviously, if the NHL and union manage to come to a CBA agreement in the not too distant future, that will complicate the KHL’s plans.
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 4
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 32
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 40
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 157
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (159)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)