Dec 13, 2012, 3:07 PM EDT
Veteran Anaheim forward Saku Koivu could soon be playing in the Finnish league.
(As for when he’ll join? One of the Register’s sources says right after the holiday, another says when/if the season is canceled.)
The 38-year-old partly owns TPS with his brother, Mikko, and Calgary Flames netminder Miikka Kiprusoff. The team has already secured the services of a number of locked-out NHLers including Kevin Shattenkirk, Kris Russell, Alec Martinez (currently injured) and Antero Niittymaki.
Koivu signed a one-year, $3 million deal with Anaheim to return for the 2012-13 season after last year’s moderately successful campaign. He posted 11G-27A-38PTS in 74 games and finished second on the team with a plus-7 rating.
- Video: Tavares, Islanders take 2-1 series lead with OT win 15
- Watch Live: Predators at Blackhawks 0
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 3
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 5
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 13
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 76
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 67
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 166
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 18
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (166)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (83)