Dec 13, 2012, 3:07 PM EST
Veteran Anaheim forward Saku Koivu could soon be playing in the Finnish league.
(As for when he’ll join? One of the Register’s sources says right after the holiday, another says when/if the season is canceled.)
The 38-year-old partly owns TPS with his brother, Mikko, and Calgary Flames netminder Miikka Kiprusoff. The team has already secured the services of a number of locked-out NHLers including Kevin Shattenkirk, Kris Russell, Alec Martinez (currently injured) and Antero Niittymaki.
Koivu signed a one-year, $3 million deal with Anaheim to return for the 2012-13 season after last year’s moderately successful campaign. He posted 11G-27A-38PTS in 74 games and finished second on the team with a plus-7 rating.
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 8
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 75
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2